Current available jobs in Communications:
» Production Assistant - Chicago Wolves, Glenview, IL - Chicago Wolves (Glenview, il)
» Communication's Internship - Rockford IceHogs (Rockford, IL)
» Broadcast Internship - Rockford IceHogs (Rockford, IL)
» Coordinator, Digital Content & Video Production - Stockton Heat Hockey Club (Stockton, CA)
» Manager of Media Relations - Tucson Roadrunners (Tucson, AZ)
The Chicago Wolves are looking for a public address announcer for the 2017-18 season. This person will work home games and split the schedule with our current announcer. The season takes place from September through May. Applicants should have public address announcing experience, preferably including some hockey.
To apply for this position, post a video on YouTube of yourself announcing the following reads. Send a link of the video, along with your name, phone number and resume, to Courtney Mahoney at firstname.lastname@example.org. All applicants should submit their materials by Monday, July 17.
- Good evening hockey fans, and welcome to the Allstate Arena, known as the Wolves Den, and home of your Chicago Wolves. Tonight, as scheduled by the American Hockey League, the Wolves take on the San Antonio Rampage.
- Hey kids, want to deliver a check to tonight’s opponent like Andrew Agozzino? Then stop by the North lobby behind section 109 to test your hockey toughness at the Chicago Wolves Check-It Game, courtesy of Dippin’ Dots. You’ll get 3 hits for $1, and afterwards treat yourself to an ice cold Dippin’ Dots. Proceeds will benefit Chicago Wolves Charities.
- Chicago Wolves goal, his 17th of the season, scored by #20, Darren Haydar. Assisted by #25, Mark Matheson and #23, Bill Sweatt. Time of the goal, 13:39.
- Chicago Wolves penalty on #26, Matt Clackson. 2 minutes for cross checking. Time of the penalty 15:29.
- Prior public address announcing, preferably hockey.
No phone calls please.
The Chicago Wolves have an entry level position open in the television production department. He/she will work in the television department to facilitate the production of the Chicago Wolves broadcast and game-day promotions, as well as contribute to the management of our digital space media. Ideal candidates have a bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in television production, broadcast media, or other related field. A graphic design and animation background is also helpful. This individual must demonstrate a willingness to learn, ability to multi-task and to work under deadline, and have exceptional communication skills.
- Must be proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on Premiere Pro and After Effects, post-production, green screen keying, and color grading.
- Familiarity with Sony digital recorders and related media, and live production.
- Experience with Final Cut Pro, Cinema 4D, green screen production, lighting concepts, shot composition, and hockey are pluses.
Candidates must be able to fulfill full-time requirements in addition to game-day duties. Please send cover letter, resume, and a selection of your work. Please include a selection of editing, camera, and other relevant work in a digital format. DVDs are accepted. Links to websites and downloads are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Courtney Mahoney Chicago Wolves 2301 Ravine Way Glenview, IL 60025 Email: email@example.com The Chicago Wolves are an equal opportunity employer. Must be proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite with emphasis on Premiere Pro and After Effects, post-production, green screen keying, and color grading. Familiarity with Sony digital recorders and related media, and live production. Experience with Final Cut Pro, Cinema 4D, green screen production, lighting concepts, shot composition, and hockey are pluses. Candidates must be able to fulfill full-time requirements in addition to game-day duties. Please send cover letter, resume, and a selection of your work. Please include a selection of editing, camera, and other relevant work in a digital format. DVDs are accepted. Links to websites and downloads are reviewed on a case-by-case basis. Courtney Mahoney Chicago Wolves 2301 Ravine Way Glenview, IL 60025 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org The Chicago Wolves are an equal opportunity employer.
The Rockford IceHogs, American Hockey League affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks, are offering an in-season, full-time internship in the team’s communications department (Labor Day through the end of the season, at the earliest mid-April). This position reports to both the Communications Coordinator and Team Broadcaster, and offers hands-on experience in the day-to-day media operations of an AHL club. The position is an unpaid internship, but the IceHogs will provide housing for all in-season interns
• Press Box Operations:
-Set up and tear down press box on game nights
-Manage credentialing throughout season and media check-in table on game nights
• Write and edit content throughout hockey season:
-Daily game notes (InDesign)
-Feature stories for IceHogs.com and AHL.com
-Quick Hits” weekly updates for local media outlets (InDesign)
-Game previews and recaps
-Postseason media guide (InDesign)
• Contribute to IceHogs social media accounts (specifically Instagram and Snapchat)
-Live-tweet home and road games, as needed
• Establish relationships with local media; Coordinate interviews for players/coaching staff:
-Postgame interviews following each home game
-Weekly “media day” interview sessions
-Occasional press conferences
• Daily maintenance of team website, IceHogs.com
• Create ads for IceHogs.com and social media streams (Photoshop)
• Manage IceHogs’ general inbox and respond to fan inquiries
• Oversee team donations and donation-request program
• Compile and organize team photos
• Maintain team stats and all-time records
• Oversee weekly team autograph sessions
• Assist in community relations appearances
• Other duties as assigned
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel and Outlook
• Experience with Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is preferred, but not required
• Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
• Must have reliable transportation and be able to attend some off-site events
• Basic knowledge of hockey
• Must have a keen sense of confidentiality
The Rockford IceHogs Broadcast Internship is a unique opportunity for an aspiring broadcaster to get experience in pre-production, on-air and other aspects of a professional hockey team’s broadcast and communications efforts. The internship runs from mid-September through the end of the hockey season, ending at the end of April at the earliest. This is an unpaid internship, but the IceHogs do provide housing for their in-season interns.
Responsibilities will include:
-Co-Produce video segments for broadcasts and IceHogs.com
-Act as co-producer and co-host host for “IceHogs Warm Up”, the IceHogs pregame show on 23.3
-Conduct interviews with IceHogs players and coaches as well as opponents
-Perform on-ice live interviews during 1st intermission and post-game during home games
-Cut and edit audio highlights
-Provide Voice Overs for commercials and promotional items and concourse audio
-Produce a weekly audio review segment for use on IceHogs.com and radio broadcasts
-Assist in Intermissions, including scoreboard updates, highlights and breakdown
-Shoot video content during games to use for future video packages
-Placement of highlights on the IceHogs official team Web site, www.icehogs.com, including the development of player bio pages, multimedia and other Web pages
-Assist in community relations activities
-Produce slides for TV games, home and road
-Opportunity to serve as in-studio host for select IceHogs radio broadcasts
-Assist with stat-keeping including home/road splits for team and individual players
-Opportunity to assist with IceHogs social media accounts
-Other duties as assigned
The Stockton Heat are in search of a Coordinator, Digital Content & Video Production, responsible for producing and editing video elements and features for in-game use, online publishing, or marketing purposes.
This position is a full-time seasonal position from Mid-September through the end of the hockey season but could lead to a full-time opportunity.
· Candidate must have extensive experience in video producing and editing; graphic design (Adobe After Effects and Creative Suite) is a plus
· Candidate must be creative not only with their ability to film video, but in the creative process of thinking of new or unique content ideas
· Candidate will organize and execute production shoots, edits and creates in-game entertainment features
· Working with the Director, Communications & Director, Game Operations & Events, this candidate will manage video shoots, develop story and content ideas, and produce unique videos with the goal of increasing the Heat’s in-game experience and digital presence on social media and StocktonHeat.com
· Candidate will maintain a Heat Video Library compiling highlights of individual players both on and off the ice
· Candidate will oversee and train game day interns to assist in production tasks including but not limited to filming, sourcing interviews, recording audio, etc…
· Candidate will work with the Director, Communications to post and manage content on the Heat’s Social Media properties
· Pregame video for home games and some road games
· Shoot and edit practices/morning skate
· Shoot postgame interview content
· Assist in any potential webcasts on Youtube and/or Facebook Live
· Shoot Heat community videos and special event videos
· University or college degree in field preferred. Experience may be considered in lieu of a formal degree
· Minimum of three years’ experience in video film production, preferred in sports or news environment (Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work)
· Knowledge of Adobe Premiere and Mac OS
· Experience with social media platforms preferred
· Ability to operate production equipment (video cameras, green screens, microphones, etc…)
· This candidate would be a self-starter, extremely creative and in tune with latest trends while also make recommendations to continually innovate and improve operations and enhance the experience of Stockton Heat fans.
· Ability and willingness to work flexible and non-traditional schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays in a fast-paced environment
· Demonstrated organization and planning skills with the ability to manage multiple projects that run concurrently
· Knowledge of the sport of hockey and the Calgary Flames organization
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a link to an online portfolio? If so where?
2. How would you rate your abilities with the Adobe Creative Suite?
Job Title: Manager of Media Relations
Department: Media Relations
This position will manage the day-to-day media relations efforts for the team and assure effective communications between the Roadrunners organization and the local and national media. The objective of the Manager of Media Relations is to maximize media coverage for the organization and to enhance the Club’s reputation and image through the execution of the team’s communications strategies.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Manage the day-to-day interaction between the players and coaches and members of the media at team practices and games.
• Travel with the team as needed and attending all practices and morning skates for all home games and attended road games.
• Responsible for facilitating all media and broadcasting interviews at practices, pre-game availability, intermissions during games and post-game dressing room access.
• Oversee all interviews for the head coach at practices and games.
• Provide access to local and national TV rights holders as well as reporters in compliance with the AHL’s media access policies.
• Coordinate, evaluate and respond to media requests for players, coaches and general manager as well as assist in the preparation of media interviews.
• Manage and coordinate all player, coach and management media, promotional, community relations, marketing and sponsorship appearances.
• Coordinates the writing, editing and distribution of all team news, such as news releases, media advisories and various media and fan correspondences.
• Serves as the primary writer of game notes and oversee the editing of various team publications, including training camp guide, media guide, game program, yearbook and playoff guide.
• Develop and pitch story ideas (traditional and non-traditional) to increase awareness of players, coaches, community relations projects and business-related activities.
• Coordinates and distribute news clips and statistics to coaching staff, media and visiting team.
• Assists in the hiring, training and managing of the media relations department’s game-night staff and interns.
• Coordinate game day credentials for media, visiting team and scouts.
• Manage the team’s press box.
• Serves as a liaison with the AHL off-ice officiating crew.
• Coordinate player and team awards, milestones and ceremonies.
• Serves as liaison with the team’s photographer.
• Related duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
• 3-4 years of experience in a communications, public relations or media relations capacity
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Experience working with professional athletes, preferably while traveling with a team
• Ability to work on deadline
• Ability to handle multiple tasks
• Ability to work nights and weekends
Education and Formal Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, or related field is required, an advanced degree is preferred
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ