Current available jobs in Communications:
» Social Media/Communications Intern - Milwaukee Admirals (Milwaukee, WI)
» Social Media Manager - Utica Comets (Utica, NY)
The Chicago Wolves seeking hockey enthusiasts who are creative, outgoing individuals to serve as Social Ambassadors during the 2017-18 season. Candidates should possess a social media background and know how to use the medium to tell compelling stories in real time as they capture behind-the-scenes content, memorable hockey moments, human-interest stories and everything else that brings the excitement of a game to life. The ideal candidates are comfortable engaging with all types of people, passionate about the game and knowledgeable/willing to learn about the Chicago Wolves organization.
- Photography skills and editorial background are a must
- Creative thinker who doesn’t stick to a formula
- Professional and knows how to interact with fans, guests and team personnel
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- Eager to find unique and non-traditional stories
- High energy
- Utilizes arena access to its potential
- Available to work all weekend home games (Friday/Saturday evenings, Sunday afternoons) and some weeknights from October to April (and playoffs, as needed)
- Part-time, paid position with flexible scheduling
- Complimentary tickets
- Pregame staff meal
- Discount on team merchandise
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Please list all social networking sites you utilize with the appropriate handles
2. In 140 characters or less, tell us why you’ll make a great Social Ambassador.
Milwaukee Admirals interns receive a well-rounded internship that stresses both written and oral communication, as well as organizational and team work skills. Interns are unpaid (must receive college credit), will work an average of 20-25 hours per week and must be in attendance at all home games, which includes both nights and weekends. General hockey knowledge is helpful, but not required.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: managing all team social media accounts, helping to develop and execute a comprehensive social media strategy, compiling and updating statistics, editing video highlights for use on our digital media platforms and for media distribution, writing and editing team yearbook/media guide, writing press releases, updating team website and app and generating new content for both, managing team picture database, assisting with media inquiries, fulfilling donation requests, representing the organization at various community festivals, and other duties as assigned.
Students should have completed at least their freshman year of college.
As part of Mohawk Valley Garden, the Utica Comets Social Media Manager is responsible for strategy, optimization and ownership of the Comets web and social platforms from end-to-end.
This high-profile, fast-paced and challenging opportunity requires strong leadership and organization skills by setting a clear vision, building a detailed strategy, bringing innovative thinking to the team and managing deliverables in an efficient, timely manner. He/she will be responsible for representing the Comets brand and defining our voice(s) while collaborating with other team members to create content that is inspiring and entertaining for Comets fans, ultimately driving business, sponsorship, and community results.
When you apply for this job online, please answer the following questions:
• This position is located in Utica, NY. If necessary, are you able to relocate at your own expense?
• Do you have the legal right to work in the United States?
• What are your salary expectations for this position?
• Choose one team, league, or sports brand. Analyze how it engages with fans on social media. What do they do well? What could they do better?
• Think back to a project you worked on that required you to manage lots of different tasks all at once. What are key lessons you took away that you can imagine could be valuable in this role?
• How have you used digital analytics in your career? Beyond simply gathering data and reporting it, can you think of an instance when the data caused you to rethink your strategy? Describe that insight.
• Identify three NHL players you enjoy following on Twitter or Instagram. What makes each of those players stand out to you?
• What’s your favorite thing you have seen an athlete in any sport post in 2017? Share a link.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Drive vision and strategy for user/fan experience across all digital and social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Website, etc.)
• Drive integrated content ideation from concept to completion across all platforms
• Stay heavily involved in community-wide initiatives and efforts to grow the Comets brand
• Ensure integration with all Comets departments, as well as other communications, marketing and community relations leaders
• Continuously generate new and creative ways to expand the Comets brand and gain followers across all platforms
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Four-year degree
• Minimum 2-3 years' experience across digital and social media including strategy, digital marketing, social media, web-development and/or a related field
• Extensive knowledge of all digital and social media platforms, with evidence of own SoMe presence
• Extensive writing background
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Experience with professional or collegiate sports preferred
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ