Current available jobs in Internships:
» 2015 Summer Internship - Bridgeport Sound Tigers / Webster Bank Arena (Bridgeport, CT) - Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Bridgeport, CT)
From time to time, the teams in the AHL will be looking for interns. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you complete your application and then press "edit your information" you can be notified of full-time positions as well. Please complete the application first and then modify it to include notifications for full-time positions if you are in your final year of college or graduate school.
Bridgeport Sound Tigers / Webster Bank Arena Summer 2015 Internship Opportunities
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, the top affiliate of the NHL's New York Islanders, are currently accepting applications for internships for the summer of 2015. As a participant in the Sound Tigers summer internship program, interns learn the inner workings of how to run a successful top affiliate sports organization along with the operations of an arena.
This internship will be a full-time internship, Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm in addition to some weekends and special events. The internship will run roughly from early June to mid-August.
Intern characteristics desired:
• Posses strong organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills
• Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and the internet (any other special program / software usage is a plus)
• Have the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
• Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
• A professional attitude will be expected
The below department are the available areas for internship positions. They include a brief description of a few of the aspects of the departments’ duties for the summer:
1. Database management – adding new leads (kids club members, raffle contestants), checking for accuracy, research / reporting on individual’s spending habits
2. Creating various ticket promotions for the upcoming Sound Tigers season
3. Box office management – window sales, handle incoming calls, general customer service
4. Merchandise inventory and management
Corporate / Sponsorship Sales
1. Sponsorship fulfillment – making sure sponsors receive everything their deal entails
2. Corporate events – managing tables, representing the organization in the corporate world, obtain perspective client through lead generation
3. Proposal fulfillment – creating sponsorship decks for prospective clients
1. Research prospective groups for the group sales staff
2. Assisting a group sales staff member directly with various tasks in order to make a smooth transaction for the group leaders – creating flyers, dropping off tickets, etc
3. Creating logistics surrounding a “special” group night such as theme, marketing, sales strategy
1. Research daily media clips regarding team, arena, players
2. Manage all aspects of the team / arena social media tools
3. Community events – managing tables and mascot appearances, representing the organization in community, lead generation
Marketing / Graphics
1. Manage and update Arena / Team website
2. Create new marketing tools such as web, print, etc for various department needs
3. Build and manage the upcoming season Sound Tigers Illustrated
1. Assist with all aspects of building management in order to keep arena in proper condition pre & post events
2. Provide inventory for all necessary supplies and equipment for arena operations
3. Aid the arena manager in the coordination of all arena scheduling; help with acting as the liaison with outside arena users in regard to set up, operation and cleanup for events brought to the arena
Digital Media – (Basic Photoshop Ability/Basic HTML ability)
1. Assist with all marketing activities with a focus on our social media, email marketing and website
2. Helping with street team, game night operations and any other duties as the season progresses
3. Experience with professional social media required and experience with video editing and/or graphic design is a plus.
Video & Game Operations Intern – (Experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop and After Effects is recommended)
1. Assist in all aspects of creating content for games and events. This consists of, but is not limited to, shooting and editing video, creating graphics for the video board and LED signage, and preparing video play back and character generators for game nights
2. Game day duties include the set-up and break-down of video and audio equipment. Office day duties include assisting the Game Operations department with special projects, game entertainment, game night organization and overall department assistance.
1. Assist Finance Director with various spreadsheet work for accounts receivables, accounts payables, and multiple other needs.
2. Perform monthly bank reconciliations and record daily cash transactions
3. Help track invoicing needs for suite licensors and corporate sponsorship accounts
Along with the above summer internship opportunities, there are a many times throughout the summer where all of our interns will collaborate on projects for the entire organization allowing for a broad experience in various areas of our organization.
** Financial compensation is not available. **
** We do not provide housing or transportation. **
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Which internship department(s) most interest you?
2. Are you available Mon-Fri 9am-5pm starting early June 2015 to mid-Aug 2015?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ