Current available jobs in Internships:
» Sports Management Internship - PSE Agency/Providence Bruins (Providence, RI)
» Ticket Department Intern - 2015-2016 Season - Rockford IceHogs (Rockford, IL)
» Communications Intern (Fall) - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins (Wilkes-Barre, PA)
From time to time, the teams in the AHL will be looking for interns. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you complete your application and then press "edit your information" you can be notified of full-time positions as well. Please complete the application first and then modify it to include notifications for full-time positions if you are in your final year of college or graduate school.
About An Internship With PSE Agency And The Providence Bruins:
An internship with PSE Agency and the Providence Bruins provides a comprehensive experience with a leading agency in the field of Sport and Event Management and Marketing and one of the premier teams in the American Hockey League. Interns are involved with and receive hands on experience working with PSE senior staff both during office hours and on game and event days. Internships often lead to full time opportunities with PSE Agency after graduation. Internships with PSE Agency and the Providence Bruins include a range of responsibilities such as:
• Working with the Ticket Activation and Operations departments on various aspects of ticketing, invoicing and Customer Service for Memberships, Group Sales, Partnerships and Suites and Hospitality
• Working on, maintaining and continuing to build and enhance the CRM and other analytics including developing and implementing lead generation programs
• Researching and prospecting for all Group Sales Programs
• Leading and assisting with game day operations and special events including Youth Hockey, Performances, Group Sales, Partner Exhibit Booths, Experiential Marketing, Promotional Give-Aways and Enter-To-Win Promotions
• Ensuring that advertising displays, promotional signage and event signage and materials are in place and properly displayed on event days
• Working directly with clients and partners both leading up to and on event days to ensure a best overall experience
• Assisting PR staff with credentialing, interacting with media members and Press Box set up
• Assisting with marketing and promotional campaigns for Ticket Sales and Partnership Activation
• Implementing Community Relations initiatives pertaining to Group Sales both on and off-site including mascot and/or player appearances
• Must be looking to pursue a career in the sports & entertainment field
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word is preferred
• Should have strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Must be a quick learner and self-starter who can work on projects/tasks independently
• Must maintain a neat and professional appearance at all times.
• Must be able to work in a team atmosphere
Interns can earn college credit through their learning institution. There is no financial compensation associated with this internship opportunity.
Internships are available on both a full and part-time basis and are available for the fall, winter and summer semesters/trimesters/breaks. Internship hours include game days, events and office hours.
About PSE Agency + Providence Bruins:
PSE Agency is a hybrid creative, marketing and advertising agency located in Providence, RI. As a full service agency, PSE delivers verifiable results for clients and partners that include brands, sports teams, venues and municipalities. Learn more by clicking here.
The Providence Bruins are the American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL’s Boston Bruins, playing their home games at the Dunkin’ Donuts Center in Providence, RI. Spanning more than 20 years, the Boston/Providence affiliation is one of the longest and most successful player development partnerships in professional hockey history. Learn more by clicking here.
Note: This position was originally posted on the PSE Agency employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the PSE Agency employment site.
1) Maintain ticket sales files
2) Data entry (must be familiar with Microsoft Excel)
3) Prepare and distribute mailings to season ticket holders
4) General office duties as assigned
6) Solicit new customers in the Rockford and surrounding areas (ex: Loves Park, Machesney Park, Belvedere etc…)
7) Answer inbound phone calls and direct to the proper person.
8) Assist the ticketing department with Customer Service issues as they arise, including directing any questions, problems and concerns to the appropriate IceHogs staff member.
9) Other duties as assigned by Ticketing Department, or other IceHogs Staff Members.
The Rockford IceHogs and SMG expect that all interns representing the organization will act with honesty, integrity, professionalism and will abide by the company’s rules, policies and regulations.
Game Day Responsibilities:
1) Assist the ticket department with Customer Service issues as they arise, including directing any questions, problems and concerns to the appropriate IceHogs’ staff member.
2) Assisting the Marketing Department with on-ice promotions during intermission periods.
3) Will be in charge of running our fan experience table helping with our Kids Club and Jersey Raffle.
4) Other duties as assigned by Ticket Department, or other IceHogs’ Staff Members.
1) Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school program.
2) Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Outlook and Excel) as well as familiar with database applications. Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
3) Display strong communication and interpersonal skills, be self directed and able to follow both written and oral instructions.
4) Neat and professional appearance.
Interns can earn college credit through their learning institutions. In addition, interns benefit from a meaningful work experience, possibly leading to future employment. There is no financial compensation associated with this internship opportunity. As a result in working game days you will receive standard game day pay.
Hours: 10-20 office hours per week. Regular attendance and participation in IceHogs summer events as asked.
This position is responsible for assisting the Media Relations Manager with day-to-day duties. Semester or full season available. Must be taken for school credit.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following lists the primary essential functions of this position. THIS DESCRIPTION MAY NOT BE ALL INCLUSIVE. OTHER DUTIES MAY BE ASSIGNED AS NEEDED.
• The daily maintenance and upkeep of team statistical and sports information
• Assisting in the production of game-day notes and press packets for media
• Providing content for and maintenance of the Penguins’ web and social media initiatives
• Providing game-time information for on and off-site media
• Composing and writing post-game recaps
• Assisting with the creation and implementation of public relations efforts
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor
Candidates must have:
• High School Diploma
• Strong verbal and writing skills
• Ability to multitask
• Strong work ethic
• Basic knowledge of hockey
• Flexible hours and availability on nights and weekends
Please submit cover letter and resume.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Will you be taking this internship for college credit?
2. How many are hours are required for credit?
3. Did you have any experience in sports writing/journalism?
4. Do you have any broadcasting experience?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ