Current available jobs in Marketing:
» SPRING 2015 Community Relations Internship - Charlotte Checkers (Charlotte, NC)
» Promotional Team (part-time) - Iowa Wild (Des Moines, IA)
» Merchandise Manager - Manchester Monarchs (Manchester, NH)
» Director of Community Relations - Norfolk Admirals (Norfolk, VA)
» Associate – Digital Design - Providence Sports + Entertainment (Providence, RI)
» Game Night Merchandise Sales Associate - Springfield Falcons (Springfield, MA)
The Binghamton Senators of the American Hockey League (AHL) are seeking new members for their ice crew for the 2014/15 season. The ice crew is responsible for ice cleaning during media timeouts, as well as assisting with promotional contests such as t-shirt tosses.
This is a seasonal position and applicants must be experienced ice skaters, 18 years of age or older. Must be available to work at least 25 game nights, plus playoffs (if applicable), with reliable skates and transportation to and from the Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena.
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. 1. Do you own your own pair of ice hockey skates?
2. Highest level of ice hockey (or other skating activity, i.e. figure skating, speed skating, etc…) participated in:
Charlotte Checkers Spring 2015 Community Relations Internship
The Charlotte Checkers are seeking candidates for the position of Spring Community Relations Intern.This position offers an inside look at the day to day operations of the Charlotte Checkers Hockey Team. This is a fun fast-paced internship that will add real work experience to your Sports Marketing Coursework.
*This internship is unpaid*
This position is designed to provide the intern with an opportunity to gain experience in all aspects of the Checkers' marketing and community relations departments. The Checkers community relations internship is a structured opportunity for you to learn, grow and contribute in a professional setting. The Checkers strive to provide a creative and entertaining platform to reach fans through community initiatives and an affordable-family sporting event.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assisting in community relations initiatives; generate ideas and programs that increase the team’s overall impact in the community
- Helping to facilitate off-ice events
- Fulfilling all donation requests, tracking and managing of donation logs
- Assisting with the execution of Charlotte Checkers community programs
- Work alongside with Merchandise Director for inventory, restocking, game preparation, etc.
- Assisting marketing department in executing promotions, advertising and events for theme nights including: Pink in the Rink, Race Night, 80's night, etc.
- High School Diploma, or equivalent required. Ideal candidate is pursuing a college degree in Sport Management, Marketing or closely related field. (Charlotte area University preferred)
- Successful candidates have some experience in marketing and/or customer service, are innovative, self-starters, independent, demanding nothing less than the best, energetic, and organized while possessing excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, members, and the general public.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds.
- Flexibility to work long and irregular hours, including weekends, evenings and holidays, as assigned.
- Please note we are able to work with student schedules given that absences are reported with advance notice to the Internship Coordinator.
The Iowa Wild professional hockey team is seeking enthusiastic and responsible individuals to serve as members of our promotional team for the 2014-15 season. This opportunity is primarily a “Game Day Experience” for those looking to enter the sports and entertainment field. The position provides a great opportunity to interact with fans and learn about the operations of a professional sports team by working home games and various events. This is a part-time paid position that receives two complimentary tickets for home games when working.
-Assist with game-day setup and breakdown
-On-ice & off-ice set up of promotions
-Execute in-game promotions & events including but not limited to; pregame and postgame promotions, media stoppages, as well as on-ice games
-Assist in the execution of all group needs (including choir set up, youth hockey, etc.)
-Greet and interact with fans
-Select fans to participate in promotional games
-Set up, operate and manage the Wild “Kids Clubhouse”
-Escort team mascot and keep detailed mascot itinerary
-Operate Chuck-A-Puck tables, including; set up, breakdown, selling and clean-up
-Clean goal creases and in front of benches during media stoppages
-Assist with other non-game events (pregame and postgame events)
-Ability to work 38 home games and playoffs
-Various events and community appearances
1. FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
-Some post-secondary education is preferred
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
-Ability to skate a plus but not required
-Strong organization, planning, and implementation skills
3. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
-Strong interpersonal skills
-Fan-friendly attitude and willingness to help, comfortable working with children
-Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
4. WORK CONDITIONS/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
-Available to work scheduled home games including evenings, weekends and holidays
-Ability to stand up to 5 hours at a time
-Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
-Ability to push and pull objects up to 300 pounds
-Ability to walk up and down stairs
-Ability to deal with frequent change
The Monarchs are an American Hockey League (AHL) team locatated in Manchester, New Hampshire.
We are one of the sports properties owned by the Anschutz Entertainment Group (AEG) and affiliated with the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League.
More information on the Manchester Monarchs can be found on our website, www.manchestermonarchs.com
The areas of responsibility are as follows:
Inventory management – Creates and tracks purchase orders and packing slips for all categories. Maintains acceptable inventory levels for store, kiosks, and chuck-a-pucks.
Product development – Investigates new products including but not limited to novelties and apparel. Researches and determines vendors based on pricing, minimums, artwork charges, etc. Responsible for purchasing strategies and decisions. Keeps current on market trends and market research. Assists the Marketing Team in the design, price negotiation, and ordering of all promotional items for the organization.
Staff supervision and management – Supervises management and operation of the pro shop. Hires and fires all daytime store employees and event employees for store, kiosks, jersey raffle, and chuck-a-puck. Create staffing budget, tracks hours and payment for store/event employees.
Merchandising – Plans, executes and maintains all visual components. Keeps selling floor clean and attractive. Manages creation and change of pricelists and signage. Determines venues and schedule for advertising.
Financial – Tracks sales, cost of goods, margin & profit. Produces reports for day time sales, game night sales, merchandise comps and special events. Responsible for the reconciliation of all merchandise activities as well as banking. Responsible for the business unit’s budget and financial projections for each season.
Website – Processes and tracks orders. Assists in maintaining fresh and updated information on website merchandise pages. Oversees all auctions and special promotions in conjunction with regular website sales.
Retailing – Manages wholesale and mail order business. Identifies, generates and maximizes opportunities.
The ideal candidate would possess a bachelor's degree in sport management/marketing, or a related field. One to three years retail experience is also expected.
Excellent time management and organization skills are essential. Excellent written and oral communication skills are a must. The ideal candidate will have good listening skills.
The Norfolk Admirals, American Hockey League affiliate of the Anaheim Ducks, are seeking a highly motivated and energetic person to handle all aspects of team awareness in the community.
Create and promote awareness by developing and executing a variety of community outreach initiatives
- Oversee all internal and external mascot and player appearances
- Manage and control all community donation requests and fulfill as needed
- Develop, manage and assist in the execution of Admirals events in the market
- Coordinate all game day birthday parties, youth hockey teams, and dream teams
- Assist with social media efforts of team
- Collaborate with public relations personnel to increase awareness and exposure of community relations events in the media
- In addition to these responsibilities, the candidate will take on additional responsibilities as directed by team Vice President
- College degree preferred
- Has effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Two years relevant experience in a professional work environment preferred
- Has excellent organizational skills and is able to multi-task
- Organized, proactive, self-motivated work style with proven ability to manage multiple projects
- Is willing to work nights and weekends during the hockey season
- Has experience with Microsoft Office software or similar software
- Knowledge of Norfolk Admirals and hockey is preferred
Providence Sports + Entertainment (PSE) and the Providence Bruins are looking for a high-energy associate to join their Digital Design staff as an Associate. This position is responsible for the active management and execution of diverse marketing and communication strategies across the digital channels of PSE, including website content, email marketing campaigns and social media posts. Candidates with graphic design and/or web design experience are strongly preferred. This position reports directly to the Director – PR & Digital Marketing.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
Manage and execute unique content (as directed) on Providence Bruins game days across all digital channels, including ProvidenceBruins.com, Facebook and Twitter
Actively support marketing, ticket sales and partnership tasks leading up to, and during, all Providence Bruins home and away games
Support community appearances for the Providence Bruins and PSE
Manage and execute content on websites of the Providence Bruins and Providence Sports & Entertainment, as well as the websites of the Dunkin’ Donuts Center, RI Convention Center and The Vets as specifically directed - this includes the design of images and layouts within provided templates
Manage and execute multiple email marketing campaigns through platforms like Constant Contact, including list and lead management as directed – this includes the design of images and layouts within provided templates
Manage and execute multiple fan interactive marketing campaigns through platforms like Wufoo and Woobox
Support the execution of content related to Providence Bruins community and mascot appearances, specifically as it pertains to website content and email marketing
Provide design support for PR & Digital Marketing staff as needed
Bachelors degree in Graphic Design or related field
Flash, HTML and Java experience strongly preferred
High proficiency with design applications like Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator strongly preferred
Knowledge of social media channels required, with strong familiarity with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn
Experience with comprehensive, large-scale digital marketing strategies preferred
Ability to follow specific instructions as it pertains to overall strategy and job function
Ability to work all Providence Bruins home and away games, as well as nights and weekends when needed
Note: This position was originally posted on the Providence Sports and Entertainment employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Providence Sports and Entertainment employment site.
The Springfield Falcons hockey team is looking for responsible and outgoing individuals to sell merchandise at home games during the 2014-15 AHL season.
Description & Responsibilities
• Keep an accurate record of product inventory at the beginning and end of each shift
• Arrive 2-3 hours before games to prepare merchandise kiosks before fans arrive at the game
• Sell merchandise during all Springfield Falcons home games
• Facilitate sales transactions of cash and credit cards
• Keep merchandise kiosks clean and product displayed neatly
• Stay knowledgeable on all products and inventory
Ideal Applicant Requirements
• In college or graduate of a 2-4 year degree
• Retail / POS system experience
• Ability to work flexible hours (mostly Friday nights and weekends; 30-38 games from October to April plus playoffs)
• Great customer service skills
• Ability to keep records of all transactions and money exchanged
• Outgoing personality
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Team player
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES/NO I am able to work 30-40 games.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ