Current available jobs in Marketing:
» Promotional Team (part-time) - Iowa Wild (Des Moines, IA)
» Creative Coordinator - Lehigh Valley Phantoms (Allentown, PA)
» Part Time Mascot - Syracuse Crunch (Syracuse, NY)
» Director of Brand Management - Utica Comets (Utica, NY)
The Iowa Wild of the American Hockey League (AHL) are seeking new members for their ice crew for the 2016/17 season. The ice crew is responsible for ice cleaning during media timeouts, assisting with on-ice promotional contests and other responsibilities as assigned. This is a seasonal position and applicants must be experienced ice skaters, 18 years of age or older. Must be available to work at least 25 game nights, plus playoffs (if applicable), with reliable skates and transportation to and from Wells Fargo Arena.
Assist with ice maintenance during time outs, intermissions, and pre and post game
Assist with setup and fulfillment of all on-ice promotions during intermissions
Interact with fans and contestants while on ice during promotions to provide a favorable game experience
Help prepare for and work internal Iowa Wild events as planned.
Distribute Iowa Wild marketing materials and promotional items pre and post game at entrances
Respond in a timely fashion to the tasks assigned to him or her and report any concerns to the supervisor.
Perform other related duties as assigned.
Formal Education & Certification
Some post-secondary education is preferred
Some experience working with college, minor league, or professional sports promotions or marketing is preferred
Knowledge & Experience
Customer service experience desired
Strong organization, planning, and implementation skills
Ability to follow instructions and respond to supervisor direction
Ability to work with the Iowa Wild staff in a professional manner at all times
Customer service oriented
Fan-friendly attitude and willingness to initiate conversation
Ability to work within a team in a service oriented environment
Work Conditions/ Essential Functions
Available to work irregular hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
Ability to stand up to 5 hours at a time
Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
Ability to push and pull objects up to 300 pounds
Ability to walk up and down stairs
Ability to deal with frequent change
No guarantee of hours
Ability to skate proficiently
Ability to multitask while skating
Communicates effectively with a team/group
The Iowa Wild professional hockey team is seeking enthusiastic and responsible individuals to serve as members of our promotional team for the 2016-17 season. This opportunity is primarily a “Game Day Experience” for those looking to enter the sports and entertainment field. The position provides a great opportunity to interact with fans and learn about the operations of a professional sports team by working home games and various events. This is a part-time, paid position that receives two complimentary tickets for home games when working.
-Assist with game-day setup and breakdown
-On-ice & off-ice set up of promotions
-Execute in-game promotions & events including but not limited to; pregame and postgame promotions, media stoppages, as well as on-ice games
-Assist in the execution of all group needs (including choir set up, youth hockey, etc.)
-Greet and interact with fans
-Select fans to participate in promotional games
-Set up, operate and manage the Wild “Kids Clubhouse”
-Escort team mascot and keep detailed mascot itinerary
-Operate Chuck-A-Puck tables, including; set up, breakdown, selling and clean-up
-Clean goal creases and in front of benches during media stoppages
-Assist with other non-game events (pregame and postgame events)
-Ability to work 38 home games and playoffs
-Various events and community appearances
1. FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
-Some post-secondary education is preferred
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
-Ability to skate a plus but not required
-Strong organization, planning, and implementation skills
3. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
-Strong interpersonal skills
-Fan-friendly attitude and willingness to help, comfortable working with children
-Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
4. WORK CONDITIONS/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
-Available to work scheduled home games including evenings, weekends and holidays
-Ability to stand up to 5 hours at a time
-Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
-Ability to push and pull objects up to 300 pounds
-Ability to walk up and down stairs
-Ability to deal with frequent change
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Creative Coordinator is responsible for planning, coordinating, and guiding project through the creative process. This position will work closely with the department graphic designer(s), videographer, and photographer as well as external vendors such as print production companies and a variety of freelance positions to ensure individual project objectives are achieved in a timely manner. This position will also be heavily involved in the developing and efficient project request system for all of the department’s daily creative requests. This position is also responsible for the trafficking of creative to the various advertising vehicles. For example, they will make sure the right sized ad is sent to the correct medium for display during the scheduled times.
• Manage project development from concept to completion for day-to-day graphic design and video projects for the Phantoms and PPL Center.
• Serve as main contact for all departments' creative requests and print/production partners for project development and execution
• Lead Implementation of an efficient project management system
• Assist in copy writing, editing and proofreading copy in select creative projects
• Work collectively with team members in planning, developing and executing ad campaigns, marketing plans, special events and more.
• Administrative duties including procurement organization for purchase orders, invoices, production budgets, media buy tracking, trafficking and more
• Support the Creative Director and Marketing Team in maintaining Phantoms & PPL Center brand standards
• Negotiate print, radio, online trade and assist with paid media deals with secondary stations and publication in surrounding markets
• Assist in the creation of public relations campaigns for multiple family shows simultaneously including planning publicity events, creating pitch stories, scheduling in studio and call-in interviews, researching available performers and/or media trained personnel
• Assist with communication to show promoters (Feld, Harlem Globetrotters, PBR, etc.) to develop effective marketing and public relations campaigns, including establishing presale/on-sale dates , communicating this information to the appropriate parties, and creating recommendations for media buys
• Staff promotional concourse table during all Lehigh Valley games and grassroots appearances
• Staff media check-in during all concerts and family shows
• Other duties as identified.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Other:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Computer skills required: experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook) is preferred.
- Able to work flexible hours including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to work well on a team and independently.
- Ability to manage specific processes and tasks in the department under supervision.
- Previous Ad Agency experience a plus
Education: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred.
The participant will work under the direction of the Promotions & Team Services Manager and will be a back-up to the primary team mascot or any other mascot participating in a community event or at Syracuse Crunch home games.
The back-up mascot will be asked to represent the Syracuse Crunch at community events or Crunch home games that the primary mascot cannot attend. The mascot will work with an extensive range of fans at these events and get the experience of working for a professional sports team.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Be in good health and physical condition
- Must be good with children
- Able to improvise and be friendly, animated and energetic
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work days, nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to skate and own your own pair of skates is a plus
- Will work as needed starting immediately and can continue through June of 2017
- Can include days, nights and weekends
- Crunch home games will begin at 5:00P.M. and run through 10:30P.M.
This position’s compensation is $30.00 per community event and $50.00 per Syracuse Crunch home game.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Hannah Wheaton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 473-4444 ex. 30.
The Utica Comets, AHL Affiliate of the Vancouver Canucks, seek an experienced full-time Director of Brand Management in Utica, NY. The right candidate has the required skills and experience to enhance all aspects of the strong Utica Comets retail brand. This position may also from time to time manage retail staff and operations for other Utica Memorial Auditorium events.
• Responsible for all facets of retail, ranging from ordering to the operation of retail store at the historic Utica Memorial Auditorium & seasonal kiosk at Sangertown Mall
• Drive sales growth and find new opportunities to expand the Utica Comets brand
• Collaborate regularly with marketing, finance and arena staff
• Develop and implement procedures and training to maximize revenue and efficiency in an effort to raise our average per caps.
• Create visual displays and maintain a clean, fully stocked and organized retail space
• Maintain inventory levels and watch aged merchandise to stay proactive on markdowns
• Plan and implement retail purchasing, sales and pricing strategies to maximize profitability
• Track incoming invoices against receiving reports to ensure payment is on-time and accurate
• Primary accountability for POS/RMS including set-up of new product, writing PO’s and managing inventory
• Monitor processes and report results
• Operate retail store on game and event nights
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required
• A minimum of five year’s experience in retail operation paired with a strong operational background
• Database management
• Must demonstrate a strong skill in leadership and collaboration.
• Great eye for design, color and consumer apparel demand
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ