Current available jobs in Marketing:
» Graphic Designer - Iowa Wild (Des Moines, IA)
» Part Time Mascot - Iowa Wild (Des Moines, IA)
» Promotional Team (part-time) - Iowa Wild (Des Moines, IA)
» Graphic Design Intern - Lehigh Valley Phantoms (Allentown, PA)
» STREET TEAM MEMBER - Lehigh Valley Phantoms (Allentown, PA)
» Rampage Marketing Manager - San Antonio Rampage (San Antonio, Tx)
» Part Time Mascot - Syracuse Crunch (Syracuse, NY)
Reporting to the EVP, Marketing & Business Development, this individual will assist the AHL Sales & Marketing Department staff in a number of key areas, including service and fulfillment of AHL digital/retail initiatives and other important programs central to overall revenue generation and branding opportunities.
Compensation will be commensurate with experience and education.
- Customer service and fulfillment AHLStore.com
- Customer service and fulfillment for AHL Live (live game steaming)
- Customer service and fulfillment for AHL Authentic Game Worn Jersey Program
- Assist in AHL sponsorship and partner fulfillment
- Assist in planning and execution of AHL events, including the AHL All Star Classic and Calder Cup Playoffs
- Execute the AHL Man of the Year Program
- Track and enter AHL licensing program royalties
- Manage the AHL VIP database for all League mailings
- Fulfill AHL Charitable requests
- Assist on other initiatives as needed
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong inter-personal skills; ability to effectively build relationships with AHL team staff AHL partners and others
- Self-starter and detail focused
- Ability to work independently and as part of a larger group
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel and other similar programs
Works under the supervision of the Director of Marketing to ensure all production requests from internal and external customers are met. Position is responsible for the day-to-day production and design of promotion, advertising and marketing materials for the Iowa Wild.
· Collaborates and creates graphic designs and layout elements for advertising, publications, marketing, social media, and websites utilizing Adobe Creative Suite products and other programs
· Provide all creative materials including official program, season ticket books, brochures, advertisements, flyers, etc.
· Develops and presents creative solution options for approval, modifying for feedback received
· Strict adherence to Iowa Wild brand style guides
· Help design and provide creative direction for Iowa Wild branding
· Produce graphics for arena matrix displays and video productions
· Lead creative sessions relating to all department projects
· Regularly interacts with internal clients on projects
· Creates and maintains effective working relationships throughout the organization
· Assist in other projects as assigned
1. Formal Education & Certification
· Minimum 2-year graphic design or equivalent degree/ 4-year degree preferred
2. Knowledge & Experience
·3+ years professional experience in graphic design
· Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite products including: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Acrobat required with strong technical skills in graphic design
· Dreamweaver/HTML experience a plus
· After Effects
· Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Working knowledge of professional hockey leagues
3. Personal Attributes
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Ability to take constructive input/critique from others
· Ability to work independently and self-manage project workflow
· Ability to successfully manage multiple projects with competing deadlines, prioritize assignments and be highly organized
·Team player with the ability to work well in a team setting and across diverse groups, organizations and departments
· Proactive, energetic, curious, creative thinker, trouble shooter and problem solver
· Willing to work a flexible schedule based on marketing initiatives and project timelines. This may include some evenings and/or weekends based upon the event schedule
· Ability to perform the following actions continuously: sitting, using hands dexterously, talking, hearing
· Ability to perform the following actions occasionally: lifting and carrying up to 10 pounds, reaching, stooping, standing, bending, crouching, and walking
Overview: Seeking an athletic, outgoing and creative individual to fulfill community appearance requests in the Des Moines area. This position provides a great opportunity to interact with fans and to learn about the operations of a professional sports team by working events and some home games. This is a part-time paid position.
• Work on a part-time basis as Crash, the official mascot of the Iowa Wild.
• Executing mascot appearances in the community will be your main focus.
• Perform in a supporting role during Iowa Wild home games.
• Perform and/or provide support to community and team appearances. This may include but is not limited to sponsors, charities, media and private functions.
• Responsible for mascot costume operations including creativity, care, cleaning, maintenance, etc.
• Work directly with the Game Operations, Sales, Community Relations, and Public Relations departments with appearances and promotions.
• Further the mission statement and reputation of the Iowa Wild and Crash in the community.
• Previous mascot experience is a plus but not required
• Must be well organized and dependable
• Ability to analyze and interpret common social expressions and client’s needs or wants relating to the mascot
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot situations without delay and act accordingly
• Perform mascot duties in a manner deemed acceptable according to the Iowa Wild’s standards
• Must be local to Des Moines and able to carry out appearances in the metro and the surrounding counties
• Must be available to work flexible hours including some home games, nights, weekday appearances and weekends
• Fan friendly and outgoing individual
• Works well with children and other staff members at many events
• Must be an experienced skater and have the ability to work in a costume
• Must have reliable transportation
• Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs
• Must be at least 18 years old
The Iowa Wild professional hockey team is seeking enthusiastic and responsible individuals to serve as members of our promotional team for the 2016-17 season. This opportunity is primarily a “Game Day Experience” for those looking to enter the sports and entertainment field. The position provides a great opportunity to interact with fans and learn about the operations of a professional sports team by working home games and various events. This is a part-time, paid position that receives two complimentary tickets for home games when working.
-Assist with game-day setup and breakdown
-On-ice & off-ice set up of promotions
-Execute in-game promotions & events including but not limited to; pregame and postgame promotions, media stoppages, as well as on-ice games
-Assist in the execution of all group needs (including choir set up, youth hockey, etc.)
-Greet and interact with fans
-Select fans to participate in promotional games
-Set up, operate and manage the Wild “Kids Clubhouse”
-Escort team mascot and keep detailed mascot itinerary
-Operate Chuck-A-Puck tables, including; set up, breakdown, selling and clean-up
-Clean goal creases and in front of benches during media stoppages
-Assist with other non-game events (pregame and postgame events)
-Ability to work 38 home games and playoffs
-Various events and community appearances
1. FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
-Some post-secondary education is preferred
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
-Ability to skate a plus but not required
-Strong organization, planning, and implementation skills
3. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
-Strong interpersonal skills
-Fan-friendly attitude and willingness to help, comfortable working with children
-Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
4. WORK CONDITIONS/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
-Available to work scheduled home games including evenings, weekends and holidays
-Ability to stand up to 5 hours at a time
-Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
-Ability to push and pull objects up to 300 pounds
-Ability to walk up and down stairs
-Ability to deal with frequent change
The Lehigh Valley Phantoms are looking for a self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative individual searching for an internship opportunity this summer. Phantoms' internships are part-time and allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience within a professional sports organization through hands-on experience.
The 2017 Summer Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for the following duties:
Assist in the creation, design and production of:
- Promotional materials (posters, flyers, pocket schedules, multi-page programs, etc.)
- Billboard, scoreboard, and various digital graphics
- Photo editing/manipulation
- Create high-end cut outs of player images to be used for all promotional materials throughout the season
- Participate in team brainstorming and creative sessions
- Ability to prepare mock-ups for proofing
- Assist with any other tasks assigned (general marketing and game day operations)
We are seeking candidates who are:
- Proficient in the Adobe Suite (specifically Photoshop, InDesign, & Illustrator)
- Motivated, personable, positive and a great team player
- Open to flexible hours
- Quick to learn and grow
- Able to take direction, understand and turn around changes quickly
- Able to think conceptually and help generate new ideas
- An eye for consistency and brand recognition
- Must be able to provide examples of past work
- Must provide own laptop for onsite work
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you eligible to receive college credit for this internship?
2. When is your start date this summer?
3. Can you provide a portfolio of work? (Please provide link with resume or attach to your application)
4. Are you in the Lehigh Valley?
Summary: The Lehigh Valley Phantoms are looking for enthusiastic, positive, motivated, personable, outgoing women and men to be part of the dynamic Phantoms Street Team. If you are looking to start a career in professional sports marketing, this could be a great entry-level opportunity for you. The Phantoms Street Team members will play a big role in executing the grassroots marketing plan, and representing the Phantoms brand in the community at local and regional Phantoms events. This position is a part-time position paid on an hourly basis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represent the Lehigh Valley Phantoms at local and regional events, watch parties at sports bars, festivals, appearances and various other assigned events.
- Support database collection efforts at every event and engage, interact with fans in a professional manner to answer any questions.
- Generate informtion, new ideas and provide reports after each marketing event.
- Distribute marketing collateral materials and promotional items at various events as assigned.
- Operate and maintain promotional equipment inclduing but not limited to, mobile promotional vehicles, inflatables, sales tables, data collection areas, tablets and other set-up elements.
- Work with and support Lehigh Valley Phantoms mascot meLVin at apperances.
- Motivated, personable, positive and great team player
- Committed to ensuring superior customer service and professional attitude
- Excellent verbal, wirtten and listening skills
- Ability to work flexible hours incliding weekdays, evenings, weekends and holidays
- Ability to carry up to 50lbs and participate in vigorous physical activity
- All Phantoms street team members must possess a valid driver's license
- Social meida experience
- Live and always be representing the Phantoms brand
This position is responsible for leading the research, development and execution of strategic marketing efforts for the San Antonio Rampage (AHL). This person will collaborate with a diverse group of important internal and external stakeholders at all levels, with a particular focus on ticket sales and fan engagement across live events and digital properties. An analytic approach and independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize and organize a broad spectrum of projects.
In every position, each employee is expected to: Demonstrate Alignment with SS&E’s Core Values and Mission, Collabore with Internal/External Family Members and Demonstrate Ongoing Development.
- Develop, facilitate, execute, analyze and adapt annual marketing plans for the Rampage to accomplish strategic brand objectives.
- Oversee and implement traditional advertising campaigns, some of which are through a third party media buyer; along with creating and managing digital marketing campaigns. Track effectiveness of tactical executions, modify strategies and optimize campaigns. Continuously look for innovative marketing opportunities which support the strategic goals of each of the franchises.
- Create and monitor database growth strategies for the Rampage, which include digital lead generation, fan club activation and promotional/sweepstakes calendars.
- Develop and manage the Rampage marketing budget, including monitoring expenses on a monthly basis for accuracy and effectiveness, completing timely reports to leadership and taking prompt and corrective action when required.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with internal departments and external stakeholders which enhance mutual understanding and respect in order to achieve strategic marketing goals.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing, or related field
- 3-5 years of marketing experience, preferably in a sports environment
- A familiarity and strong understanding of hockey preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, Power Point, Adobe Photoshop and other computer skills required
- Excellent analytical skills, combined with a creative brand positioning background
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and problem solve
- Ability to work long, flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to lift 30lbs
*SS&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer*
Nothing contained in this job description is intended to be a contract of employment, nor does any information contained herein represent a guarantee of employment for a specific duration. Your employment with SS&E is “at will”, which means that either you or SS&E may terminate the relationship at any time.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you at least 18 years of age?
2. Are you currently or have you ever been employed with SS&E?
3. Are you willing to work a flexible work schedule to include nights, weekends, and/or holidays?
4. How many years of relevant work experience do you hold?
5. What is your highest level of education?
6. Have you ever developed a marketing plan? If yes, what measurable objectives did your plan support and what was the structure/main elements of the plan? If no, please type N/A
The participant will work under the direction of the Promotions & Team Services Manager and will be a back-up to the primary team mascot or any other mascot participating in a community event or at Syracuse Crunch home games.
The back-up mascot will be asked to represent the Syracuse Crunch at community events or Crunch home games that the primary mascot cannot attend. The mascot will work with an extensive range of fans at these events and get the experience of working for a professional sports team.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Be in good health and physical condition
- Must be good with children
- Able to improvise and be friendly, animated and energetic
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work days, nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to skate and own your own pair of skates is a plus
- Will work as needed starting immediately and can continue through June of 2017
- Can include days, nights and weekends
- Crunch home games will begin at 5:00P.M. and run through 10:30P.M.
This position’s compensation is $30.00 per community event and $50.00 per Syracuse Crunch home game.
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to Hannah Wheaton at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (315) 473-4444 ex. 30.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ