Current available jobs in Marketing:
» Game Night Merchandise Sales Associate - Springfield Falcons (Springfield, MA)
» Ice Patrol - Promotion Team - Texas Stars (Cedar Park, TX)
The Iowa Wild professional hockey team is seeking enthusiastic and responsible individuals to serve as members of our promotional team for the 2014-15 season. This opportunity is primarily a “Game Day Experience” for those looking to enter the sports and entertainment field. The position provides a great opportunity to interact with fans and learn about the operations of a professional sports team by working home games and various events. This is a part-time paid position that receives two complimentary tickets for home games when working.
-Assist with game-day setup and breakdown
-On-ice & off-ice set up of promotions
-Execute in-game promotions & events including but not limited to; pregame and postgame promotions, media stoppages, as well as on-ice games
-Assist in the execution of all group needs (including choir set up, youth hockey, etc.)
-Greet and interact with fans
-Select fans to participate in promotional games
-Set up, operate and manage the Wild “Kids Clubhouse”
-Escort team mascot and keep detailed mascot itinerary
-Operate Chuck-A-Puck tables, including; set up, breakdown, selling and clean-up
-Clean goal creases and in front of benches during media stoppages
-Assist with other non-game events (pregame and postgame events)
-Ability to work 38 home games and playoffs
-Various events and community appearances
1. FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
-Some post-secondary education is preferred
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
-Ability to skate a plus but not required
-Strong organization, planning, and implementation skills
3. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
-Strong interpersonal skills
-Fan-friendly attitude and willingness to help, comfortable working with children
-Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
4. WORK CONDITIONS/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
-Available to work scheduled home games including evenings, weekends and holidays
-Ability to stand up to 5 hours at a time
-Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
-Ability to push and pull objects up to 300 pounds
-Ability to walk up and down stairs
-Ability to deal with frequent change
The Springfield Falcons hockey team is looking for responsible and outgoing individuals to sell merchandise at home games during the 2014-15 AHL season.
Description & Responsibilities
• Keep an accurate record of product inventory at the beginning and end of each shift
• Arrive 2-3 hours before games to prepare merchandise kiosks before fans arrive at the game
• Sell merchandise during all Springfield Falcons home games
• Facilitate sales transactions of cash and credit cards
• Keep merchandise kiosks clean and product displayed neatly
• Stay knowledgeable on all products and inventory
Ideal Applicant Requirements
• In college or graduate of a 2-4 year degree
• Retail / POS system experience
• Ability to work flexible hours (mostly Friday nights and weekends; 30-38 games from October to April plus playoffs)
• Great customer service skills
• Ability to keep records of all transactions and money exchanged
• Outgoing personality
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Team player
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES/NO I am able to work 30-40 games.
Closing Date: 2015-04-02
The Texas Stars are currently accepting applications for energetic men and women to join the Ice Patrol, a co-ed promotions teams, for the 2014-15 season. The team, comprised of men and women 18 and over, is responsible for entertaining and interacting with Texas Stars fans at games and community events. Team members are paid, part-time employees of the Texas Stars.
The Texas Stars are the American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL’s Dallas Stars and play their games at Cedar Park Center, located north of Austin at the corner of 183-A and New Hope Drive.
- Interact with fans on the concourse, in the stands and at outside events.
- Help with the set-up of Texas Stars and Ice Patrol tables on game days and at events.
- Appear on ice and on camera as the faces of the Texas Stars game entertainment crew.
- Assist with game operations, including contestant selection and prop set up.
- Represent the Texas Stars at team-sponsored and community events.
- Distribute marketing materials as part of grassroots marketing campaigns.
- At least 18 years of age by September 1, 2014.
- Ideal candidates are energetic, personable and comfortable in front of crowds.
- Customer service or marketing experience preferred. A background in sport marketing or communications is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ice skating ability is NOT required.
- Mostly evening hours, starting approximately two hours before game time.
- Must be able to work at least 75 percent of Texas Stars home games, including weeknights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be available for duration of the hockey season (September-April) and playoffs (potentially April-June).
Open interviews will be held at Cedar Park Center on the following dates and times:
Thursday, August 14, 2014: 4:30-7:30 p.m.
Tuesday, August 19, 2014: 4:30-7:30 p.m.
Cedar Park Center Meeting Room (enter on Coca-Cola Plaza side)
To receive a reminder about the open interviews, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are unable to attend any of the scheduled open interview times and are interested in joining the Ice Patrol, email email@example.com for further details.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ