Current available jobs in Marketing:
» Director of Game Presentation - Stockton Heat (Stockton, CA)
» Merchandise Manager - Stockton Heat (Stockton, CA)
The Iowa Wild professional hockey team is seeking enthusiastic and responsible individuals to serve as members of our promotional team for the 2015-16 season. This opportunity is primarily a “Game Day Experience” for those looking to enter the sports and entertainment field. The position provides a great opportunity to interact with fans and learn about the operations of a professional sports team by working home games and various events. This is a part-time paid position that receives two complimentary tickets for home games when working.
-Assist with game-day setup and breakdown
-On-ice & off-ice set up of promotions
-Execute in-game promotions & events including but not limited to; pregame and postgame promotions, media stoppages, as well as on-ice games
-Assist in the execution of all group needs (including choir set up, youth hockey, etc.)
-Greet and interact with fans
-Select fans to participate in promotional games
-Set up, operate and manage the Wild “Kids Clubhouse”
-Escort team mascot and keep detailed mascot itinerary
-Operate Chuck-A-Puck tables, including; set up, breakdown, selling and clean-up
-Clean goal creases and in front of benches during media stoppages
-Assist with other non-game events (pregame and postgame events)
-Ability to work 38 home games and playoffs
-Various events and community appearances
1. FORMAL EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
-Some post-secondary education is preferred
2. KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
-Ability to skate a plus but not required
-Strong organization, planning, and implementation skills
3. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
-Strong interpersonal skills
-Fan-friendly attitude and willingness to help, comfortable working with children
-Ability to work well with others in a fast-paced environment
4. WORK CONDITIONS/ ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
-Available to work scheduled home games including evenings, weekends and holidays
-Ability to stand up to 5 hours at a time
-Ability to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
-Ability to push and pull objects up to 300 pounds
-Ability to walk up and down stairs
-Ability to deal with frequent change
JOB DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR OF GAME PRESENTATION
REPORTS TO: TEAM PRESIDENT
Responsible for creating the ‘show’ for each game and sponsor fulfillment both in-game and via support documents for sales personnel. Other duties as assigned (re: ticket sales) as time allows.
- Proven ability to work with both team and arena personnel and perform at an exceptional level in a stressful environment.
- Knowledge of game operations to create and execute promotional activities and the proper atmosphere.
- Knowledge of production elements including sound, lighting, video, scripting and technology.
Excellent computer hardware and software skills.
Ability to edit video and produce content from raw footage an advantage.
Must demonstrate a high degree of time management and organization skills.
Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
Excellent verbal and written skills.
Must be a self-starter and team player.
Must be willing to work long hours year round, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and hit deadlines
Must be able to work independently.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary based on experience
- Health, dental and vision base plan coverage provided with any additional coverage at the choice and expense of the employee
- $50 per month cell phone allowance payment
- Relocation allowance to be determined
Responsible for creating and maintaining proper Arena atmosphere.
Responsible for implementation and execution of all game day operations activities including game contests, temporary sign installation and removal, concourse activities and pre-game ceremonies.
Creates daily game presentation scripting including all video board displays, address announcements, etc
Responsible for the scheduling and scripting of all player head shots and promotional videos.
Responsible for the execution of all hockey game events including stoppage in play promotions, intermission contests, pre-game ceremonies, etc.
Interviews, hires and supervises game day employees including storm squad, public address announcer, music coordinator, “fun guy”, chuck a puck personnel, parking personnel and etc.
Prepares game projection summary for Team staff prior to each game or series of games.
Prepares documents for Arena operations personnel outlining Team game needs one week prior to each game.
Responsible for production call immediately prior to doors open.
Oversees the production of game day video board content.
Responsible for production of any video board content which requires in game production (i.e. contest winners, attendance, etc.).
Responsible for the production of all Team signage (under ice, dasherboard, temporary signs / banners) and budget to accomplish the same.
Responsible for the storage and distribution of all promotional giveaway items including placing them at doors.
Serves as liaison between Team and Arena operations staff.
Manages inventory and functionality of radio communication devices.
Collaborates with on-ice and off-ice officiating crews.
Responsible for creating sponsorship fulfillment timeline for each sponsorship agreement and monitoring and documenting execution of each element.
Responsible for obtaining, storing and usage of the correct sponsor logos on all marketing materials, promotional items, video board slides, website, etc.
Prepares and distributes event summary information to all sponsors two weeks prior to sponsored promotions.
Provide immediate post-event follow up via handwritten note, digital images, etc.
Develop proof of performance packages for all Team sponsors.
The Calgary Flames are bringing the AHL to Stockton in fall 2015 and this is an exciting opportunity to be an integral part of the team's inaugural season.
Areas of Responsibility:
1. Supervise and execute the entire retail operation including policies and procedures, inventory and accounting for on-site, off-site, non-game day and internet sales.
2. Order all products (jerseys, head wear, novelties, garments, etc.) for the in-Arena Team store.
3. Responsible for receiving inventory (including physical count) and disbursing inventory via P.O.S. system.
4. Stocks and sets up all merchandise retail locations prior to each game or event.
5. Responsible for becoming an expert with the Team’s P.O.S. system.
6. Each game closes out retail locations by receiving money and running P.O.S. reports or compiling inventory spreadsheet for any non-P.O.S. locations.
7. Performs end of month physical count of all inventory including storage.
8. Maintains vendor files including copies of all purchase orders and invoices.
9. Approves all merchandise payables for payment.
10. Tracks via the P.O.S. system all inventory sold at a discount with coding for the purpose of the discount.
11. Tracks via the P.O.S. system all inventory comped, who requested the comp merchandise and the purpose for which the merchandise will be used (i.e. community relations, business development, etc.).
12. Tracks via the P.O.S. system all inventory sold as part of ticket packages, birthday parties, family day, etc.
13. Hire, supervise and train all part-time merchandise employees.
14. Prepares master merchandise employee schedule prior to each home stand.
15. Other duties as assigned – particularly in the off-season – as assigned based on the skill set of the employee.
Minimum of 3 years in retail with at least two years of management experience, professional sports experience in a high-volume retail operation preferred
Demonstrated knowledge of practices and principles of retail sales/management
Successful track record of meeting sales goals, displaying creativity showing initiative
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Describe your retail experience
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ