Current available jobs in Marketing:
» Marketing Manager - Stockton Heat (Stockton, CA)
» Director of Game Presentation - Stockton Heat (Stockton, CA)
Job Title Game Night Operations Staff
Description: This position is for a Game Night Operations staff member. An ideal member of the Game Night Operations Staff will be able to work 1 to 2 pre-season games in September, 38 home games throughout the regular season (October - April), and playoffs running through May. Games can be at night on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and Sunday afternoons. Must arrive a minimum of 2 hours before game time, and expect to stay until the conclusion of the game, including any overtime and shoot-outs.
There are multiple positions available:
Stage Manager: Stage Managers operate out of the home tunnel. Collaborate with the in-game host and wireless camera operator. Must be able to adapt, react and make quick decisions in order to maintain control of the TV time-out within a tight time frame. Constant communication with the In-Game Producer, Camera Operators, and Game Operations Manager via headset. Contribute to promotions, giveaways, intermission events, fan involvement and any event that is executed before, during and after the home game. No previous experience is required, but work history or classes taken in sports management are a plus.
Ice Crew: Ice Crew Members are responsible for making sure all on-ice activities during the game are executed efficiently and professionally. Game responsibilities will include shoveling ice during all 3 media timeouts and organizing all on-ice intermission activities as directed by the Game Operations Manager. Candidates MUST be able to ice skate.
If you are interested in a Full-Time Game Internship that requires college credit, please specify in the "Cover Letter" section when appplying. The Game Operations Internship will assist the Game Operations Manager in all pre-production and organization of theme nights and in-game activities. The ideal candidate will be able to work a minimum of 15-20 office hours per week.
Qualifications: Capable of working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, while staying upbeat and enthusiastic. Great customer service attitude. Commitment to the Sound Tigers family atmosphere. Professional approach toward players, officials, coaches and all employees is expected. We do not provide housing or transportation. This position is paid on a per-game basis. Please note this is NOT a full-time position.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you live in the Connecticut/Southeastern New York area during the winter months?
2. Can you work a minimum of 20-25 games per season?
3. Can you Ice Skate and do you own a pair of ice skates?
MANAGER OF MARKETING
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for all aspects of branding/marketing and digital/social/web communications efforts for the Stockton Heat
This position will partner with all departments to build and execute strategic work plans that achieve measurable results and optimal use of resources to build brand awareness, maximize digital channels, develop community relations initiatives, and drive revenues for the organization.
This role will support the development and coordination of campaigns to connect with fans, drive awareness, and develop fan loyalty.
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for fulfilling the following:
· Working with Management to develop and execute a strategy to maximize fan engagement throughout the region.
· Develop and execute annual marketing plans.
· Develop, oversee and directly execute the web, digital and social activities of the team in conjunction with the Director of Communications.
· Produce content for team website and all social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat)
· Execute email marketing campaigns using team licensed software (Bronto) to include content creation, analyzing and leveraging campaign results, management and accuracy of marketing database and distribution of data to ticket account executives for solicitation and service
· Develop, create and produce digital advertising campaigns to including monitoring results and adjusting strategies to for optimum efficiency and results.
· Manage the development and execution of special events to achieve key short and long term brand goals (open house events, season ticket holder functions, cause marketing events such as diabetes awareness night in conjunction with the corporate partnership staff, etc.)
· Responsible for developing and managing advertising relationships and promotion.
· Develop and present online marketing opportunities to sponsorship department
· Produce in-house publications including ticket and group flyers, promotional events, giveaways etc.
· Develop detailed monthly reports for internal and external purposes aimed at providing a snapshot of the team’s efforts, impact and key insights from the activation.
· Perform other operational duties as assigned.
- Must be familiar with the sport of hockey - terminology, rules, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree with Public Relations, Communications, Marketing, or Journalism focus or equivalent work experience
· 3 - 5 years of experience with database marketing, social media execution, graphic design, website management and maintenance.
· Must have thorough knowledge of and demonstrated ability with Adobe products, HTML/CSS, Wordpress, PHP and Photoshop.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills with the ability to present ideas clearly and concisely
· Exceptional copywriting and editing skills
- Proven ability to coordinate and effectively manage multiple projects, work with in tight deadlines producing accurate and quality work product
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software programs
- Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
· Must be able to work independently.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- Salary based on experience
- Health, dental and vision base plan coverage provided with any additional coverage at the choice and expense of the employee
- $50 per month cell phone allowance payment
- Relocation allowance to be determined
JOB DESCRIPTION: DIRECTOR OF GAME PRESENTATION
REPORTS TO: TEAM PRESIDENT
SUMMARY: Responsible for creating the ‘show’ for each game and sponsor fulfillment both in-game and via support documents for sales personnel. Other duties as assigned (re: ticket sales) as time allows.
• Proven ability to work with both team and arena personnel and perform at an exceptional level in a stressful environment.
• Knowledge of game operations to create and execute promotional activities and the proper atmosphere.
• Knowledge of production elements including sound, lighting, video, scripting and technology.
• Excellent computer hardware and software skills.
• Ability to edit video and produce content from raw footage an advantage.
• Must demonstrate a high degree of time management and organization skills.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Excellent verbal and written skills.
• Must be a self-starter and team player.
• Must be willing to work long hours year round, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and hit deadlines
• Must be able to work independently.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• Salary based on experience
• Health, dental and vision base plan coverage provided with any additional coverage at the choice and expense of the employee
• $50 per month cell phone allowance payment
• Relocation allowance to be determined
1. Responsible for creating and maintaining proper Arena atmosphere.
2. Responsible for implementation and execution of all game day operations activities including game contests, temporary sign installation and removal, concourse activities and pre-game ceremonies.
3. Creates daily game presentation scripting including all video board displays, address announcements, etc
4. Responsible for the scheduling and scripting of all player head shots and promotional videos.
5. Responsible for the execution of all hockey game events including stoppage in play promotions, intermission contests, pre-game ceremonies, etc.
6. Interviews, hires and supervises game day employees including storm squad, public address announcer, music coordinator, “fun guy”, chuck a puck personnel, parking personnel and etc.
7. Prepares game projection summary for Team staff prior to each game or series of games.
8. Prepares documents for Arena operations personnel outlining Team game needs one week prior to each game.
9. Responsible for production call immediately prior to doors open.
10. Oversees the production of game day video board content.
11. Responsible for production of any video board content which requires in game production (i.e. contest winners, attendance, etc.).
12. Responsible for the production of all Team signage (under ice, dasherboard, temporary signs / banners) and budget to accomplish the same.
13. Responsible for the storage and distribution of all promotional giveaway items including placing them at doors.
14. Serves as liaison between Team and Arena operations staff.
15. Manages inventory and functionality of radio communication devices.
16. Collaborates with on-ice and off-ice officiating crews.
1. Responsible for creating sponsorship fulfillment timeline for each sponsorship agreement and monitoring and documenting execution of each element.
2. Responsible for obtaining, storing and usage of the correct sponsor logos on all marketing materials, promotional items, video board slides, website, etc.
3. Prepares and distributes event summary information to all sponsors two weeks prior to sponsored promotions.
4. Provide immediate post-event follow up via handwritten note, digital images, etc.
5. Develop proof of performance packages for all Team sponsors.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ