Current available jobs in Ticket Sales & Service:
» Manager, Group Sales (Bakersfield) - Oilers Entertainment Group (Edmonton, AB)
» Senior Manager, Group Tickets - Ontario Reign (Ontario, CA)
» Account Executive - Springfield Thunderbirds (Springfield, MA)
» Account Executive - Syracuse Crunch (Syracuse, NY)
» Group Sales Account Executive - Texas Stars (Cedar Park, TX)
» Ticket Sales Representative - Tucson Roadrunners (Tucson, AZ)
Mission Statement – Building a Career in Sports
The Charlotte Checkers Inside Sales Department strive to groom and mold recent college graduates who are looking to make an impact in the sports industry and turn them into future industry leaders. The Checkers experienced staff is fully committed to equipping each rep with the skill set necessary to develop into high performing sales reps through a series of trainings and teaching of best practices within our employee centered culture. The Checkers open collaboration approach to our day to day operations will give reps the opportunity to become well versed in the business side of sports and completely immersed in each department of our front office.
The Charlotte Checkers Inside Sales Department is an exciting, entry-level sales program designed to equip each person the knowledge and foundation for a successful career. The department is made up of young men and women who are full menu sales consultants able to sell full season tickets, partial season plans, group tickets, on-ice suite rentals, fan experiences, and specialty ticket packages. Daily expectations are 75+ phone calls to provided leads of individuals, businesses, and past ticket buyers with a goal of setting appointments and closing sales. The Charlotte Checkers Inside Sales positions is a 6 month contract, with hours averaging 40 hour per week. On top of an hourly pay structure, reps will make commission on all new business generated.
What you will be taught:
· A positive and energetic atmosphere
· Developing a strong work ethic
· Time management
· Building leadership skills
· Career growth
· Work-life balance
· Cold calling individuals and businesses
· In-person arena appointments
· Professional email techniques
· Sales tables
· Professional networking events
· Ongoing 1 on 1’s for continuous development
What we are looking for:
· Enthusiastic and passionate
· Willingness to learn
· Goal oriented
· Ability to communicate across multiple platforms
· Hunger to make a difference
· Someone who wants to work in a FUN and rewarding atmosphere
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Why do you want to work in the sales department of the Charlotte Checkers?
About Oilers Entertainment Group:
Oilers Entertainment Group (OEG) delivers leading sports, entertainment and other special event programming to fans and patrons in Canada and the United States. OEG owns the 5-time Stanley Cup Champion Edmonton Oilers, the WHL’s Edmonton Oil Kings, the AHL’s Bakersfield Condors, and will operate Rogers Place, the new home of the Oilers and Oil Kings in downtown Edmonton. OEG also owns and operates one of Canada’s most accomplished television, event, and brand-promotion companies and has recently added Silver Pictures Entertainment to its growing sports & entertainment business.
Vision: “To be a global leader in Sports and Entertainment”
Mission Statement: “We deliver I Remember Moments by investing in world class talent, committing to service excellence and connecting fans to their passion.”
Reporting to the VP, Ticket Sales and Service, the Manager, Group Sales is responsible for leading and managing all group Sales efforts for the Bakersfield Condors. In addition, this role will be responsible for creating and building relationships with new and existing group sales clients and prospects.
Core Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for achieving and surpassing personal sales targets
- Management of sales team in addition to
- Prospecting phone calls
- In-game visits
- Referrals for new business
- Customers service and follow up
- Planning and execution of group sales experiences
- Day-to-day management and training of Group Sales Account Managers to ensure monthly and annual targets are hit
- Assisting VP in running the weekly Ticket Sales and Service meeting
- Running the weekly Group Sales Meeting
- Responsible for weekly reporting of calls, meetings, sales and other pertinent metrics to the VP
- Assisting on outside sales calls with Account Managers
- Participating in Weekly TSS call with OEG Director, Ticket Sales
- Assisting with lead generation for Group Sales reps
- Managing creative service requests for group sales initiatives
- Regular performance feedback for Group Sales reps
- Working with Coordinator, Ticket Operations to ensure all group holds are in place and all group tickets are printed
- Responsible for the game night staffing plan for group sales executions
- Creating a year-long group sales plan and individual business plans for each Group Sales rep, including a renewal plan for the following season
- Managing Group Sales asset inventory and work with VP, Operations to ensure all Game Presentation elements from groups are built
- Planning new and creative group night opportunities for the Account Managers to execute
- Researching best practices for Group Sales
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Degree or Diploma in Business or Sports Management is preferred
- 3-5 Years of Group Sales, Ticket Sales or Sales Management experience is required
- Proven Ability to meet and exceed sales targets
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office, ticketing software and CRM
- Proven ability to achieve and surpass sales targets
- Excellent organizational, planning and project management abilities
- Ability to prioritize workload and solve problems quickly
- Event planning / management skills are an asset
- Display integrity, honesty, loyalty and reliability
- Willing to work All Bakersfield Condors games and some community and member events
- Will require access to a vehicle and a valid drivers’ license
Only those individuals moving forward in the hiring process will be contacted.
Note: This position was originally posted on the Edmonton Oilers employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Edmonton Oilers employment site.
AEG Company: Ontario Reign Hockey Club (Ontario Reign)
Company Information: Anschutz Entertainment Group, Inc. (“AEG”) is subsidiary of The Anschutz Company and one of the leading sports and entertainment presenters in the world. AEG owns a collection of companies including multi-use facilities such as STAPLES Center and StubHub! Center in Southern California, several sports franchises including the Los Angeles Kings (NHL) and Los Angeles Galaxy (MLS) and AEG LIVE, one of the world’s leading concert promotions and touring companies.
Division: Business Operations
Department: Ticket Sales
Job Title: Sr. Manager, Group Sales
Reports to: Senior Director, Business Development
Facility / Location: AEG – Ontario Reign Hockey Club / 901 Via Piemonte Suite 370, Ontario CA
INTERNAL JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Sr. Manager, Group Sales is responsible for spearheading the team’s group ticket sales efforts. By working with the Senior Director, Business Development, the Sr. Manager, Group Sales will set and achieve individual and departmental group sales goals. The Sr. Manager, Group Sales will be responsible for tracking all group sales efforts and report those numbers to Senior Management. The Sr. Manager, Group Sales will look at our current experience inventory and look to add new experiences or rebrand the existing ones.
The Sr. Manager, Group Sales will also directly manage a staff of Group Account Executives. Together with the Senior Director, Business Development, the Sr. Manager, Group Sales will develop a training schedule and monitor the Group Account Executive’s progress to ensure goals are met. The Sr. Manager, Group Sales will also work to establish and create new sales ideas and opportunities for the Group Account Executives. The Sr. Manager, Group Sales will be a key member of the management team for the Ontario Reign and will provide assistance in other areas of ticket sales for the organization as needed.
- Create annual group sales business plans to ensure group sales goals are met or exceeded in a high pressure environment
- Be the direct manager of the team of Group Account Executives
- Accurately track all group sales efforts
- Develop ideas and plans for generating additional revenue from groups
- Develop an effective tracking program to ensure Group Account Executives are successfully meeting their annual goals
- Implement a group sales training program for new hires and a consistent training schedule for Account Executives
- Lead biweekly goal setting meetings (GSM) with Group Account Executives
- Create a culture of group sales top performance through experience based selling
- Work with Senior Director, Business Development on developing a group leader incentive program
- Generate group ticket revenue using all sales methods, including cold calls, face to face appointments, arena tours, prospecting, and networking
- Manage accounts in order to exceed established sales goals
- Conduct face to face sales presentations with prospects and potential customers
- Success at reaching key group decision makers
- Attend client meetings with Group Account Executives as needed
- Assist the Senior Director, Business Development with determining group sales goals
- Assist the Senior Director, Business Development with developing new sales initiatives and ensuring group sales numbers are accurately reported
- Assist the Senior Director, Business Development with hiring future Group Account Executives
- Be an integral part of the Ontario Reign Ticket Sales department management team, providing feedback on general ticket sales practices
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The Sr. Manager, Group Sales must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to construct business plans from scratch and execute on the plan
- Ability to inspire, lead and manage professionals in an entry level position
- Highly organized, resourceful, detailed-oriented, quick learner and time management skills
- Ability to prioritize and delegate workload and solve problems efficiently and quickly
- Exceptional guest and client service capabilities
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced and high pressure environment
- Ability to recruit top talent to the Inland Empire as needed
- Assertive, self motivated, self starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to professionally handle highly sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to professionally communicate and interact with all levels of management
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Quality presentation skills – ability to create, analyze, interpret, and present reports and correspondence
- Ability to access and input information using a moderately complex computer system
- Available to work various hours including evenings/nights, weekends and holidays
- College degree preferred
- 3-4 years of top performing group sales experience, prior sports sales experience highly preferred
- Minor league group sales experience highly preferred
- Minimum 2 years management experience, sports management highly preferred
- Knowledge in Archtics/Ticketmaster or other ticket software preferred
- Background in Sports/Entertainment/Hospitality industry preferred
- Interest in hockey and/or other sports team a plus
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) a plus
Position Type: Exempt
Employment Type: Full Time
Travel Required: Up to 5%
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What prior experience do you have in selling groups?
2. What prior experience do you have in managing a staff?
The Springfield Thunderbirds of the American Hockey League are seeking an Account Executive to generate revenue through the sale of season tickets, mini-plans and group ticket sales.
Make cold calls to area companies, organizations, social groups, schools and non-profits, with a primary focus on selling group ticket packages and season tickets
Schedule face-to-face meetings with prospective clients
Create and develop new group sales concepts to generate new revenue streams
Develop, implement and maintain sales campaigns utilizing direct mail, cold calling, appointment scheduling, and ticket driven revenue promotions
Meet or exceed ticket sales revenue objectives
Generate own leads by prospecting respective sales area
Prospecting through local networking opportunities
Work all home games for the purpose of developing new prospects plus meeting with present clients for referral opportunities
Maintain complete and accurate records for customers and organization
Daily update of database and call sheets
Perform other promotional or service functions assigned by the Director of Ticket Sales
Bachelors degree majoring in a related field
Hardworking, dependable & motivated self starter
Exceptional interpersonal and problem solving skills
Proven oral, written and presentation skills
Able to work a 40 hour work week plus games and other outside events
Excellence in organization, prioritization, and strong customer service
The Syracuse Crunch, AHL affiliate of the Tampa Bay Lightning, is seeking candidates for the position of Account Executive.
This position is responsible for generating revenue through season, flex-plan and group ticket sales. This full-time position will involve close interaction with the Crunch’s current fan base, acting as a customer service representative in addition to assisting with game day operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
· Generate ticket revenue using all sales methods, including cold calls, prospecting/research, referrals, personal appointments and person-to-person contact at Crunch games
· Sell season tickets, flex plans, group tickets and special ticket plans year-round
· Make a minimum of 75 outbound sales calls per day
· Maintain and manage customer contact information in existing CRM database
· Meet or exceed weekly and monthly sales goals
· Actively prospect new contacts throughout Central New York
· Establish relationships to create repeat business
· Additional responsibilities as assigned by Chief Operating Officer
The qualified candidate for this position should have the following:
· Bachelor’s degree
· Desire to start and grow a career in the sports industry
· Prior experience in ticket sales, appointment scheduling or cold-calling techniques is preferred
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Excellent communication, customer service and problem solving skills
· Ability to function in fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Available to work flexible hours including holidays, evenings and weekends. Position is required to work all home games
· High energy; ability to remain focused on sales goals and work independently
JOB SUMMARY: The Group Sales Account Executive generates new group ticket sales along with managing existing accounts. Responsibilities include planning, selling and executing large group and theme nights while driving revenue and achieving overall sales and attendance goals of the Texas Stars. Additional individual sales goals Account Executives are required to meet are full season and partial season ticket sales. Key traits to exhibit are confidence, creativity, enthusiasm, attention to detail and strong work ethic.
- Responsible for re-establishing our relationship with past group buyers and building relationships with new clients
- Identify new business opportunities
- Organize meetings with clients to assess needs and present opportunities
- Join professional associations and attend networking events to gain awareness of our product in the local business community
- Generate sales leads to facilitate the maximum number of sales and revenue
- Meet or exceed daily call and outside appointment minimums
- Meet or exceed weekly, monthly and long term sales goals in the areas of group ticket sales and season ticket sales
- Prospecting, qualifying leads and setting face-to-face appointments at H-E-B Center for new business
- Maintain electronic account records for the upkeep of customer relationship management database
- Work within a team environment to achieve common Club goals
- Provide excellent customer care and quality service to our customers
- Entertain current and potential clients at various Texas Stars games and events
- Visit clients during games
- Prospect for new business and maintain current customer relationships at home games
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality
- Sell inventory to special projects (concerts, events) upon request
- Work all home games – entertain clients, fulfill group obligations, pursue new business opportunities, and answer client service and sales questions at the Stars Sales Booth and around the arena
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
- Prior sales experience
- Ability to maintain electronic account records for the upkeep of customer relationship management database in CRM system
- Capable of taking on multiple projects, assignments and group events with exceptional results
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Independently take action beyond what is called for
- Be able to generate original and imaginative solutions to business opportunities
- Maintain and reflect a positive attitude
- Ability to work long hours including evenings, weekends and holidays
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- College degree in Sports Management or Business strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of Ticketmaster Archtics.
- Extended working hours periodically required as directed by business needs.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle objects and office tools, reach, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk, and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee is exposed to an office environment, with noise levels usually moderate.
Texas Stars, Limited Partnership is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Ticket Sales Representative
Department: Ticket Sales & Services
Reporting: Director of Ticket Sales
Under the direction of the Director of Ticket Sales, the Ticket Sales Representative responsibilities include selling and servicing new accounts, create new ideas to increase ticket sales and perform basic office functions as needed.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Sell Tucson Roadrunners products including season tickets, partial/mini plan packages, and group tickets.
- Build relationships to provide repeat business and excellent customer service.
- Proactively create opportunities for new business with existing customers.
- Make a minimum of 60 cold calls from provided lists to area companies to sell season, group and partial plan ticket packages.
- Call past customers and cold call new sales leads to generate sales.
- Handle incoming sales calls from sales prospects for all ticket products.
- Conduct in-arena appointments and tours of the Tucson Convention Center.
- Meet or exceed assigned sales goals for all ticket products.
- Maintain and complete accurate records of all ticket product customers.
- Work games to support ticket sales promotional initiatives.
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Manage multiple relationships well
- Detail oriented and organized
- Aggressive, competitive and committed
- Highly motivated with a desire to be successful
- Effective time management skills
Education and Formal Training:
- College degree required.
Prior telemarketing and/or sales experience is preferred but not required.
Material and Equipment Used:
- Daily use of Ticketmaster and Archtics software as well as Excel and Microsoft CRM
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ