» Ticket Department Intern - 2017-2018 Season - Rockford IceHogs (Rockford, IL)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
Position opening: Multi-Media Manager
Facility Name: BMO Harris Bank Center
Location: Rockford, IL
POSITION: Multi-Media Manager
DEPARTMENT: Rockford IceHogs
REPORTS TO: Director of Business Operations
FLSA STATUS: Salaried Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an immediate and excellent opening for a Multi-Media Manager at the BMO Harris Bank Center in Rockford, Illinois. This is a full-time position, primarily responsible for creation of animated/still graphics for videoboard and marketing materials and managing the video booth and staff.
- Creation of animated/still graphics for videoboard and marketing materials.
- Videos include introduction videos, pump up videos, highlight videos, etc.
- Brainstorming as part of a creative team to help reach desired vision of client.
- Prepare rough elements for initial concept presentations for clients to review as part of brand marketing.
- Assist in shooting video/headshots as needed.
- Stay up to date with new technologies and trends.
- Manage video booth/staff during games and other events as assigned. Knowledge of running the video booth equipment and directing games are a plus.
- Other duties as assigned by the Director
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 3- 5 years of relevant experience
- Strong fundamentals in design, video, animation, typography, and color
- Excellent understanding of compositing
- Working knowledge of 2D/3D software such as After Effects, 3ds max/cinema 4d, InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Click effects and Pro presenter experience is a plus.
- Possess a strong sense of self-motivation, initiative and time-management skills
- Video shooting and editing with premiere pro.
- Positive team player
- Ability to work nights and weekends for all IceHogs home regular season, post season games and other events as needed
- Creative mind who can think outside the box
- Knowledge of hockey
This position is not substantially exposed to adverse conditions. Person must have ability to use computer keyboard as well as visual acuity. Hours of work may vary due to event coverage, with core hours between 9:00AM and 5:00PM.
Requires ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends and holidays, in addition to normal business hours.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
No Phone Calls Please
Applications are available on our website www.thebmoharrisbankcenter.com and at the BMO Harris Bank Center Security Desk on Church Street.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans are encouraged to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Date Opened: May 17, 2017 Closing Date: May 31, 2017
1) Maintain ticket sales files
2) Data entry (must be familiar with Microsoft Excel)
3) Prepare and distribute mailings to season ticket holders
4) General office duties as assigned
6) Solicit new customers in the Rockford and surrounding areas (ex: Loves Park, Machesney Park, Belvedere etc…)
7) Answer inbound phone calls and direct to the proper person.
8) Assist the ticketing department with Customer Service issues as they arise, including directing any questions, problems and concerns to the appropriate IceHogs staff member.
9) Other duties as assigned by Ticketing Department, or other IceHogs Staff Members.
The Rockford IceHogs and SMG expect that all interns representing the organization will act with honesty, integrity, professionalism and will abide by the company’s rules, policies and regulations.
Game Day Responsibilities:
1) Assist the ticket department with Customer Service issues as they arise, including directing any questions, problems and concerns to the appropriate IceHogs’ staff member.
2) Assisting the Game Ops Department with on-ice promotions during intermission periods.
3) Will be in charge of running our fan experience table helping with our Kids Club and Jersey Raffle.
4) Other duties as assigned by Ticket Department, or other IceHogs’ Staff Members.
1) Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school program.
2) Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Outlook and Excel) as well as familiar with database applications. Proficiency in Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
3) Display strong communication and interpersonal skills, be self directed and able to follow both written and oral instructions.
4) Neat and professional appearance.
Interns can earn college credit through their learning institutions. In addition, interns benefit from a meaningful work experience, possibly leading to future employment. There is no financial compensation associated with this internship opportunity. As a result in working game days you will receive standard game day pay.
Hours: 10-20 office hours per week. Regular attendance and participation in IceHogs events as asked.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ