Current available jobs that best match abbotsford:
» Ticket Sales & Service Representative - Abbotsford Heat (Abbotsford, BC)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
Part-time, irregular schedule
• Act as the Heat mascot, Hawkey the Red Tailed Hawk, at all Heat community, corporate, media, school and charitable events, as required.
• Create goodwill in the community
• Act as the Heat mascot, Hawkey the Red Tailed Hawk, at Heat home games at the Abbotsford Entertainment and Sports Centre
• Interact, entertain and excite Heat home crowds
• Develop new skits, costumes, dances and ideas for activities surrounding Hawkey
• Actively participate in pre-game and in-game promotions, including contests, photo ops, t-shirt tosses, etc., as required
• Create goodwill in the venue
• Continue to develop Hawkey’s personality.
• Communicate non-verbally with Heat fans, staff and handler comfortably
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPECTATIONS (the following applies to both Community Relations and Game Operations)
• Some previous mascot experience is preferred, but not required.
• Must be able to work in a costume.
• Must be well organized and flexible to meet time, priority and workload demands
• Interact with children, adults, seniors and persons of significance with utmost respect and courtesy,
• Report any mascot costume care, cleaning or maintenance needs in a timely fashion,
• Ensure that costume is sprayed and returned to appropriate location following every game or as directed,
• Perform within the safety limitations of the costume and the venue.
• Respect the anonymity of this position and acknowledge that the person that puts on the mascot suite to perform as Hawkey needs to remain anonymous.
• Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs.
• Good physical condition (athletic).
• Ideal performer height will be between 5’6” – 5’10”.
• Ability to troubleshoot situations without interruption and act accordingly.
• You will conduct yourself in accordance with the Heat HR Policies Manual.
Hourly, based on experience for all Community appearances
Flat rate fee for all Heat games, based on 4 – 4.5 hour appearance
Based on schedule as determined by the positions supervisor
Abbotsford Heat Hockey Ltd.
Ticket Sales & Service Representative
LOOKING TO BREAK INTO THE SPORTS INDUSTRY? JOIN THE ABBOTSFORD HEAT TICKET SALES DEPARTMENT!
The Heat Ticket Sales & Service Representative’s primary function is to sell ticket packages. To accomplish this, the Reps will make a daily quota of outbound sales calls to these lists. Reps will have the opportunity to sell any ticket package to their prospects; however the focus will be mainly on Season, Flex and Group ticket products. The Ticket Sales & Service representative will also provide support to the account managers and account executives in areas of customer service, including but not limited to: subscription package upgrades, complaint management and answering general inquires. They will also be responsible for answering the HEAT ticket line and process in-coming, unsolicited ticket sales.
Director, Ticket Sales & Service
• Develop new sales leads and prospect every day. Both face to face and over the phone.
• Manage and process all incoming & outgoing sales requests.
• Achieve and exceed pre-determined sales quotas for all subscriber issues.
• Manage single game ticket requests.
• Issue reps to visit new incoming clients during games.
• Allocate and up-sell/cross-sell flex ticket packages.
• Redirect incoming sales/service inquiries where specific rep. if requested or appropriate.
• Answering and maintaining Heat line [877.452.HEAT].
• Through incoming calls to [877.452.HEAT], provide general team, building, and sales/service information as required.
• Complaint management; ensure client issues are resolved and recorded (reported monthly).
• Prepare requested invoiced and receipts. Also process account execs invoice and receipt requests.
• Assist with facilitating and maintaining payment plans; following up with subscribers on payment plans.
• Fielding all customer service related issues during games and special events.
• Work with sales reps to ensure incredible in-game customer experiences.
• Assist account managers in seat relocations and all customer service issues.
• Assist, when requested to facilitate in-game sales package initiatives (i.e. birthday packages, bands in the stands, scouts night, etc.).
• Manage Arctics; entering new prospect and customer information, updating and revising preexisting records, ensuring records are up to date and accurate.
• Assist in sales as required during games and special events.
• Implement and support new customer retention initiatives.
• Working with management to create customer creation programs.
• Manage all in-game customer experience requests from sales team:
o Group welcome on Heat Vision
o Zamboni rides bookings
o Mini-minor bookings
o Special customer experience inquiries (food/bev/heat vision)
• Assist in general conduct of the business and affairs to the club.
Desired Skills and Attributes
• Positive can do attitude
• Experience, familiarity, and a passion for hockey and the sports industry is considered an asset.
• Must be a self-motivated, high-energy individual with solid communication and interpersonal skills.
• Strong sales and marketing skills, communication skills, and organizational skills.
• Excellent communication, organizational and customer service skills necessary.
• Ability to generate new ideas and methods to increase revenue and improve department functionality.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
• Proven oral, written and presentation skills.
• Creative and innovative team player with cooperative attitude.
• Hardworking, dependable & motivated self-starter.
• Exceptional interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Experience in a customer relations related field and a passion for sales while building relationships.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including daily office hours, games, evenings and weekends when required.
• Individuals willing to work hard on a daily basis, handle multiple tasks, work in a fast-paced environment and are willing to do the job necessary to help the organization achieve its revenue goals.
• Excellence in organization, prioritization, and customer service.
• Valid driver’s license & personal transportation.
This is an entry level, term position with the potential to transition to a permanent position. Compensation for this role is an hourly wage plus commissions on new sales.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ