» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Binghamton Senators, members of the American Hockey League, are seeking a broadcast intern for the 2014-2015 season. The selected individual will assist the Director of Broadcasting with associated broadcast duties (primarily radio) on game days throughout the season (October through April plus playoffs).
The selected individual will be assigned broadcast duties based upon their displayed skill set. Duties include:
• Provide assistance to Senators’ play-by-play broadcaster as needed during broadcasts
• Production/hosting of pre-game, intermission and post-game shows (home and away games)
• Conduct live interviews with players/coaches/special guests during home broadcasts
• Audio editing of game highlights as well as out-of-town highlights for use on air
• Potential of being a regular part of the broadcast team in a color analyst role with possibility of play-by-play
• Potential of being color analyst for television broadcasts (typically 8-10 games per season)
The selected individual will possess the following skills:
• Demonstrated radio broadcast experience within their college program (required)
• Demonstrated television broadcast experience within their college program (preferred)
• Working knowledge of the game of hockey
• Knowledge of audio editing software (ex. Adobe Audition, Audacity, Sound Forge, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability as it relates to audio editing (highlights) for length and quality
• Available for all 37 home broadcasts plus playoffs (primarily nights and weekends with occasional holidays required)
• Available for all 76 broadcasts if desiring to take part in studio hosting of road broadcasts
Potential candidates will be currently enrolled in an undergraduate college program with studies primarily in Broadcast Journalism with the goal of pursuing a career in the sports broadcast field. This internship, for the sake of on-air continuity, will run the length of the 2014-2015 academic year in conjunction with the Senators’ season. The internship will be approximately 15-20 hours per week based upon typical game day hours of 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
This internship is a non-paid position with no relocation expenses or housing allowance. College credit available upon consultation with your college professor/advisor. Candidates are required to have reliable transportation and ideally live/attend school within a 50-mile radius of Binghamton, New York.
Required materials when applying for this internship:
• Cover letter and resume
• Radio demo (mp3 attachment) which includes any or all of the following: play-by-play, color analysis, studio hosting/scoreboard update segment and one player or coach interview
• TV demo (where applicable) for those interested in additional duties on television broadcasts
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ