» Group Sales Internship 2014-2015 Season (Fall/Winter/Spring 2014) - Binghamton Senators (Binghamton, NY)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Binghamton Senators, members of the American Hockey League, are seeking a broadcast intern for the 2014-2015 season. The selected individual will assist the Director of Broadcasting with associated broadcast duties (primarily radio) on game days throughout the season (October through April plus playoffs).
The selected individual will be assigned broadcast duties based upon their displayed skill set. Duties include:
• Provide assistance to Senators’ play-by-play broadcaster as needed during broadcasts
• Production/hosting of pre-game, intermission and post-game shows (home and away games)
• Conduct live interviews with players/coaches/special guests during home broadcasts
• Audio editing of game highlights as well as out-of-town highlights for use on air
• Potential of being a regular part of the broadcast team in a color analyst role with possibility of play-by-play
• Potential of being color analyst for television broadcasts (typically 8-10 games per season)
The selected individual will possess the following skills:
• Demonstrated radio broadcast experience within their college program (required)
• Demonstrated television broadcast experience within their college program (preferred)
• Working knowledge of the game of hockey
• Knowledge of audio editing software (ex. Adobe Audition, Audacity, Sound Forge, etc.)
• Demonstrated ability as it relates to audio editing (highlights) for length and quality
• Available for all 37 home broadcasts plus playoffs (primarily nights and weekends with occasional holidays required)
• Available for all 76 broadcasts if desiring to take part in studio hosting of road broadcasts
Potential candidates will be currently enrolled in an undergraduate college program with studies primarily in Broadcast Journalism with the goal of pursuing a career in the sports broadcast field. This internship, for the sake of on-air continuity, will run the length of the 2014-2015 academic year in conjunction with the Senators’ season. The internship will be approximately 15-20 hours per week based upon typical game day hours of 5 p.m. – 11 p.m.
This internship is a non-paid position with no relocation expenses or housing allowance. College credit available upon consultation with your college professor/advisor. Candidates are required to have reliable transportation and ideally live/attend school within a 50-mile radius of Binghamton, New York.
Required materials when applying for this internship:
• Cover letter and resume
• Radio demo (mp3 attachment) which includes any or all of the following: play-by-play, color analysis, studio hosting/scoreboard update segment and one player or coach interview
• TV demo (where applicable) for those interested in additional duties on television broadcasts
Group Sales Internship
The Binghamton Senators are currently seeking a Group Ticket Sales intern for the 2014-2015 season. Our goal is to maintain an intern program that is beneficial to both the student and the organization. The most important department in any professional sports organization is the ticket sales department. Most jobs in the industry, especially most entry-level jobs, are in the ticket sales area. Therefore, it is imperative that those who wish to work in professional sports have a background, knowledge, and love for selling tickets and the ticket selling process. This internship will give the intern a vast knowledge of how professional sports organizations, especially minor league organizations, increase their ticket sales with group tickets. With this internship, you focus on the most important aspect of any professional sports organization, ticket sales. You will get real world experience in selling group tickets and other special promotion packages by making cold calls to potential customers.
THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP, however there is the opportunity to EARN COMMISSIONS through sales. College credit accept, though not required.
• Assist in the daily operations of the Senators Group Sales department
• Learn ticket sales process
• Learn how to organize group nights
• Learn Ticketmaster System to process group orders
• Creation and distribution of group sales marketing materials
• Assist with marketing and promotional campaigns for the ticket sales department
• Assist ticket department with season ticket holder or group sales mailings
• Creating and maintaining ticket department databases and spreadsheets
• Maintain an organized profile of clients and prospects
• Develop and implement programs for lead generation
• Research and generate sales leads
• Provide customer service to season ticket holders and implement customer relations programs both on and off site
• Assist in servicing season ticket holders and other clients
• Assist the sales staff in regard to their clerical duties
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• Assist in pre-game and in-game preparation for various activities, including any pre-game or intermission youth hockey games
• Visit with group leaders during games
- Work at least 25 hours a week in the Senators office
- Work ALL home games.
- Must maintain professional attitude and appearance, and willing to work hard
- Must be college student, working towards a career in sports management
- Preference given to those who wish to work in ticket sales
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Internship runs September through December or September through April or January through April. This is a full-time internship.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What is your start date? What is the end date? 2. Are you able to work 25 hours plus all games? Are you able to work at least 2 nights per week? 3. Are you looking to work in sports? 4. What interests you in this position? 5. Do you have transportation available to and from the arena? Do you have local housing in the Binghamton Area or be willing to move at your own expense?
1. What is your start date? What is the end date?
2. Are you able to work 25 hours plus all games? Are you able to work at least 2 nights per week?
3. Are you looking to work in sports?
4. What interests you in this position?
5. Do you have transportation available to and from the arena? Do you have local housing in the Binghamton Area or be willing to move at your own expense?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ