» IT Entry level position - Harbor Yard Sports & Entertainment, LLC. (Bridgeport, CT)
» Video Production Internship - Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Bridgeport, CT)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
Job Title Game Night Operations Staff
Description: This position is for a Game Night Operations staff member. An ideal member of the Game Night Operations Staff will be able to work 1 to 2 pre-season games in September, 38 home games throughout the regular season (October - April), and playoffs running through May. Games can be at night on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, and Sunday afternoons. Must arrive a minimum of 2 hours before game time, and expect to stay until the conclusion of the game, including any overtime and shoot-outs.
There are multiple positions available:
Stage Manager: Stage Managers operate out of the home tunnel. Collaborate with the in-game host and wireless camera operator. Must be able to adapt, react and make quick decisions in order to maintain control of the TV time-out within a tight time frame. Constant communication with the In-Game Producer, Camera Operators, and Game Operations Manager via headset. Contribute to promotions, giveaways, intermission events, fan involvement and any event that is executed before, during and after the home game. No previous experience is required, but work history or classes taken in sports management are a plus.
Ice Crew: Ice Crew Members are responsible for making sure all on-ice activities during the game are executed efficiently and professionally. Game responsibilities will include shoveling ice during all 3 media timeouts and organizing all on-ice intermission activities as directed by the Game Operations Manager. Candidates MUST be able to ice skate.
If you are interested in a Full-Time Game Internship that requires college credit, please specify in the "Cover Letter" section when appplying. The Game Operations Internship will assist the Game Operations Manager in all pre-production and organization of theme nights and in-game activities. The ideal candidate will be able to work a minimum of 15-20 office hours per week.
Qualifications: Capable of working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, while staying upbeat and enthusiastic. Great customer service attitude. Commitment to the Sound Tigers family atmosphere. Professional approach toward players, officials, coaches and all employees is expected. We do not provide housing or transportation. This position is paid on a per-game basis. Please note this is NOT a full-time position.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you live in the Connecticut/Southeastern New York area during the winter months? 2. Can you work a minimum of 20-25 games per season? 3. Can you Ice Skate and do you own a pair of ice skates?
1. Do you live in the Connecticut/Southeastern New York area during the winter months?
2. Can you work a minimum of 20-25 games per season?
3. Can you Ice Skate and do you own a pair of ice skates?
IT - Entry-Level
Harbor Yard Arena Sport and Entertainment, LLC (HYSE) – Bridgeport, CT
Harbor Yard Sports & Entertainment, LLC operates a sports and entertainment destination for family entertainment in Southern Connecticut. The company is based in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Harbor Yard Sports & Entertainment, LLC operates as a subsidiary of Bridgeport Sound Tigers..
We have an Entry- level IT position open, ideal for an IT student looking to start their career.
The HYSE Offers the right candidate:
- Great benefits including medical and dental each paid partially by the company.
- Generous Paid time off and holidays
- A family atmosphere
- An opportunity to learn and grow with the company.
- Provide direct support to users throughout company’s IT environment.
- Install, maintain, and support PC hardware, peripherals, operating systems, and applications on the standalone and networked PCs.
- Perform diagnostics to resolve PC and peripheral's malfunctions.
- Provide IT support for sporting and entertainment events in a sports arena.
- Ideal candidate is an IT student looking to start their career
- BA in computer science or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, occasional weekends may be required.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude and ability to work well with others.
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced and changing work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s Degree
The Video Production Intern will be working with the Video/Game Operations Manager as well as the Marketing & Sales departments. Interns will be creating & managing video content for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers & Harbor Yard Sports & Entertainment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide video content and highlights for the Sound Tigers to be used in social media and during live game presentation.
• Assist staff with video room responsibilities
• Assist with computer logging and editing game footage.
• Assist with additional duties that may present themselves over the course of the season
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position.
• The ideal candidate must have great communication skills, be professional and be able to multi-task.
• Applicant must be able to work on Mac and PC platforms.
• Candidate must be a quick learner, enjoy a fast paced environment and be able to work a variety of hours.
• Must receive college credit
• Must have experience using video cameras and equipment
• Possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
• Able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information
• Strong teamwork skills and the ability to manage their own individual projects
• Be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and the company as a whole
• Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Presents self in professional manner and has the ability to interact with all levels of organization and outside contacts.
• Dependability – consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to manager’s instructions.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays.
• Ability to attend company events.
• Applicant must work in the office 3-4 days a week and be available for Sound Tigers games.
• Applicant must have working knowledge or Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere, Photoshop and After Effects.
Please be prepared to provide a demo reel showing your prior work.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ