» Part Time Ticket Sales / Ticket Sales Internship - Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Bridgeport, CT)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
Bridgeport Sound Tigers / Webster Bank Arena
Game Night Internship Opportunities
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, the top affiliate of the NHL's New York Islanders, are currently accepting applications for game night internships for the 2014-15 season. Candidates must currently be enrolled in college and can receive credit for their learning experience; there is no monetary compensation. The internship will take place at the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, CT from October 2014 to April of 2015. Candidates must be able to work game nights and weekends throughout the entire season. Applicants should posses excellent people skills, be reliable and eager to work in sports.
As a participant in the game night internship program, interns learn the inner workings of how to run a successful top affiliate sports organization along with the operations of an arena.
Intern characteristics desired:
• Posses strong organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills
• Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and the internet (any other special program / software usage is a plus)
• Have the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
• Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
• A professional attitude will be expected
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work all home games plus playoffs, if needed (weekdays & weekends)
• Assist with any pre & post game activities
• Man any concourse tables during the games to aid in group ticketing assets such as chuck-a-puck, raffles, sales & kids club tables, etc. While manning the table interns will be given raffle sales goals to achieve each night.
• Be outgoing and friendly to all patrons at the games to make each fans experience the best it can be. If you don’t have an answer help find the person that can get the answer.
• Ticket taking and ushering patrons to their seats as needed
• Other duties as assigned
** Financial compensation is not available. **
** We do not provide housing or transportation. **
Want to get started in the highly competitive field of sports but don't know how to get your foot in the door? Here's your chance to get in with a professional sports team in a major market. You will gain valuable skills, contacts and experiences vital to beginning a career in the exciting and highly competitive field of pro-sports.
The Sound Tigers are seeking enthusiastic college students and recent college graduates who are interested in getting experience in the sports industry. Must be motivated and willing to take direction. Sales experience a plus, but not required.
The Fall program will begin in late September. Strong performers will be considered for full time employment.
Must possess strong organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills. Interns must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet. Must also have the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative, in addition to be being able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize. A professional attitude will be expected.
Small stipends provided base on achieving sales goals.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have sales experience? 2. Do you have local housing?
1. Do you have sales experience?
2. Do you have local housing?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ