» Broadcast Internship - Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Bridgeport, CT)
» Communications/Community Relations Manager - Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Bridgeport, CT)
» Part Time Ticket Sales / Ticket Sales Internship - Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Bridgeport, CT)
» Video & Graphics Internship - Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Bridgeport, CT)
» Video and Graphic Coordinator - Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Bridgeport, CT)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
Bridgeport Sound Tigers / Webster Bank Arena
Game Night Internship Opportunities
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, the top affiliate of the NHL's New York Islanders, are currently accepting applications for game night internships for the 2014-15 season. Candidates must currently be enrolled in college and can receive credit for their learning experience; there is no monetary compensation. The internship will take place at the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, CT from October 2014 to April of 2015. Candidates must be able to work game nights and weekends throughout the entire season. Applicants should posses excellent people skills, be reliable and eager to work in sports.
As a participant in the game night internship program, interns learn the inner workings of how to run a successful top affiliate sports organization along with the operations of an arena.
Intern characteristics desired:
• Posses strong organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills
• Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and the internet (any other special program / software usage is a plus)
• Have the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
• Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
• A professional attitude will be expected
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work all home games plus playoffs, if needed (weekdays & weekends)
• Assist with any pre & post game activities
• Man any concourse tables during the games to aid in group ticketing assets such as chuck-a-puck, raffles, sales & kids club tables, etc. While manning the table interns will be given raffle sales goals to achieve each night.
• Be outgoing and friendly to all patrons at the games to make each fans experience the best it can be. If you don’t have an answer help find the person that can get the answer.
• Ticket taking and ushering patrons to their seats as needed
• Other duties as assigned
** Financial compensation is not available. **
** We do not provide housing or transportation. **
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, members of the American Hockey League, are looking for a Broadcasting Intern for the 2014-2015 season.
Qualified candidates must have aspirations of entering the broadcasting field.
The Sound Tigers Broadcasting Intern will assist the team's play-by-play broadcaster with game night broadcasts and interviews. Interested candidates must be available to work all 38 Sound Tigers regular season home games and all home postseason games. Other broadcast related duties may be required on non game days, which can often be handled off-site. Candidates must currently be enrolled in college and can receive credit for their learning experience; there is no monetary compensation.
Responsibilities will include:
- Production of pregame, intermission and post-game shows on Sound Tigers Broadcast Network
- Conduct interviews with Sound Tigers players and coaches as well as opponents
- Cut and edit of highlights for intermission replay and other use
- Prior broadcasting experience
- Extensive knowledge of the game of hockey
- Knowledge of audio editing software (ex. Adobe Audition, Garage Band, Audacity)
- Ability to edit highlights for length and quality
** Financial compensation is not available. **
** We do not provide housing or transportation. **
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers are looking for a Communications/Community Relations Manager. This position is responsible for soliciting publicity for the organization through the team’s on-ice performance, community outreach and new business initiatives. Hockey knowledge is required for this position. All candidates should be prepared to travel throughout the season. Person who receives the job will be in charge of setting up community events year round.
• Candidates must possess a minimum of 2-4 years media/public relations experience in sports.
• Proven experience developing and executing a multi-media public relations plan.
• Ability to pitch stories, write press releases (AP Style), manage web site, write feature stories, manage social media initiatives, work on deadline and have the ability to work through crisis management situations.
• Strong knowledge of local/national sports media and corporate-sports media.
• Must be proficient in managing stats/game notes for each game and an end of the season guide
• Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Office, MAC proficient, Final Cut Pro
• College degree is required
Want to get started in the highly competitive field of sports but don't know how to get your foot in the door? Here's your chance to get in with a professional sports team in a major market. You will gain valuable skills, contacts and experiences vital to beginning a career in the exciting and highly competitive field of pro-sports.
The Sound Tigers are seeking enthusiastic college students and recent college graduates who are interested in getting experience in the sports industry. Must be motivated and willing to take direction. Sales experience a plus, but not required.
The Fall program will begin in late September. Strong performers will be considered for full time employment.
Must possess strong organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills. Interns must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and the Internet. Must also have the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative, in addition to be being able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize. A professional attitude will be expected.
Small stipends provided base on achieving sales goals.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have sales experience? 2. Do you have local housing?
1. Do you have sales experience?
2. Do you have local housing?
Video and Graphic Interns will be working with the Video & Graphic Coordinator as well as the Marketing & Sales departments. Interns will be creating & managing video content for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers & Harbor Yard Sports & Entertainment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide video content and highlights for the Sound Tigers to be used in social media and during live game presentation.
• Assist staff with video room responsibilities
• Assist with computer logging and editing game footage.
• Assist with additional duties that may present themselves over the course of the season
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND ABILITIES
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position.
• The ideal candidate must have great communication skills, be professional and be able to multi-task.
• Applicant must be able to work on Mac and PC platforms.
• Candidate must be a quick learner, enjoy a fast paced environment and be able to work a variety of hours.
• Must receive college credit
• Must have experience using video cameras and equipment
• Possess a strong ability to manage one’s own time and prioritize tasks when given clearly defined goals and objectives
• Able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information
• Strong teamwork skills and the ability to manage their own individual projects
• Be a flexible and reliable team player, both within own department and the company as a whole
• Have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
• Presents self in professional manner and has the ability to interact with all levels of organization and outside contacts.
• Dependability – consistently at work on time, follows instructions, responds to manager’s instructions.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays.
• Ability to attend company events.
• Applicant must work in the office 3-4 days a week and be available for Sound Tigers game.
• Applicant must have working knowledge or Adobe Creative Suite and Final Cut Pro.
The Video and Graphic Coordinator will be charged with creating content for and managing the video and graphic display systems at the Webster Bank Arena. Working closely with the marketing, sales, and sponsorship departments the Video and Graphic Coordinator will create still graphics, animations, and videos for the arena entertainment at home games for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers AHL Hockey Team, Sacred Heart University Hockey Team, and Fairfield University Basketball Team. Along with these and other sporting events the Video and Graphic Coordinator will also be involved in assisting any other shows or events taking place at the arena. Besides content creation, the Video and Graphic Coordinator will also be in charge of the management of the arena’s video and graphic display systems, including the arena video boards and LED signage. Management of this equipment will include maintenance of the equipment and coordination of the content to be displayed.
The Video and Graphic Coordinator must have experience in both static and motion graphic design, working with the Adobe suit of products (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator). They should also have a familiarity with the software and equipment used in video production, including video editing software, cameras, lights, and microphones. Experience working in a live studio production environment is a plus.
Please be prepared to show and example of the design or video work you have done.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ