» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, the top affiliate of the NHL's New York Islanders, are currently accepting applications for internships for the Fall of 2015. Candidates must currently be enrolled in college and must be able to receive credit for their learning experience; there is no monetary compensation. Internship will take place at the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, CT. Candidates must be able to work game nights and weekends. Applicants should posses excellent people skills, be reliable and eager to work in sports.
As a participant in the Fall Internship Program, interns learn the inner workings of how to run a successful top affiliate sports organization along with the operations of an arena.
Intern characteristics desired:
• Posses strong organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills
• Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and the internet (any other special program / software usage is a plus)
• Have the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
• Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
• A professional attitude will be expected
The below department are the available areas for internship positions. They include a brief description of a few of the aspects of the departments’ duties for the summer:
Ticket Operations (TicketMaster and/or Archtics experience a plus):
1. Database management – adding new leads, tracking voucher / coupon usage, season & partial plan ticket holder attendance project, etc
2. Assist in entering payments, booking orders, and sorting tickets for various sales needs
3. Box office management – window sales, handle incoming calls, general customer service, manage will call
Corporate / Sponsorship Sales
1. Sponsorship fulfillment – making sure sponsors receive everything their deal entails
2. Corporate events – managing tables, representing the organization in the corporate world, obtain prospective clients through lead generation
3. Assisting sales staff on event days with sponsorship fulfillment aspects, catering to their clients’ needs, overall appearance of concourse tables, etc
1. Organize group orders as they come in as far as payments, ticket distribution, will call needs, etc
2. Assisting a group sales staff member directly with various tasks in order to make a smooth transaction for the group leaders – creating flyers, dropping off tickets, etc
3. Game Night Duties – accompany groups to any specific arenas they need to be (anthem singers, youth hockey groups, etc), birthday outing organizers, overall making sure groups are enjoying their experience, etc.
PR/Media/Community Relations – (experience using Final Cut Pro)
1. Post game video editing for Sound Tigers TV clips, producing player / coach interviews, managing stats for website, etc
2. Administer all aspects of the team / arena social media tools, Sound Tigers TV, etc
3. Community events – managing tables and mascot appearances, representing the organization in community, lead generation
Marketing / Graphics – (proficient in Mac environment, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver), QuarkXPress.
1. Manage and update Arena / Team website
2. Create new marketing tools such as web, print, etc for various department needs
3. Assist in any target market email blasts or any specific web-basted marketing
Digital Media – (Basic Photoshop Ability/Basic HTML ability)
1. Assist with all marketing activities with a focus on our social media, email marketing and website
2. Helping with street team, game night operations and any other duties as the season progresses
3. Experience with professional social media required and experience with video editing and/or graphic design is a plus.
Video & Game Operations – (Experience with Final Cut Pro, Adobe Photoshop and After Effects is recommended)
1. Assist in all aspects of creating content for games and events. This consists of, but is not limited to, shooting and editing video, creating graphics for the video board and LED signage, and preparing video play back and character generators for game nights
2. Game day duties include the set-up and break-down of video and audio equipment. Office day duties include assisting the Game Operations department with special projects, game entertainment, game night organization and overall department assistance.
1. Assist with all aspects of building management in order to keep arena in proper condition pre & post events
2. Provide inventory for all necessary supplies and equipment for arena operations
3. Aid the arena manager in the coordination of all arena scheduling; help with acting as the liaison with outside arena users in regard to set up, operation and cleanup for events brought to the arena
4. Assist with any arena ice rentals or clinics
1. Must be available to work all Sound Tigers home games throughout the season that runs for October through April with potential playoff games running into May.
2. Game Operations interns will be performing detailed research on in-game entertainment, assisting with promotions, event execution and sponsorship fulfillment.
3. Must be able to adapt, react and make quick decisions in order to maintain control of the TV time-out within a tight time frame. Interact with all members of the office from Team President to VP of Operations to Sales Reps, as well as all fans including children, parents, groups, sports teams and other patrons in attendance.
1. Assist Finance Director with various spreadsheet work for accounts receivables, accounts payables, and multiple other needs.
2. Perform monthly bank reconciliations and record daily cash transactions
3. Help track invoicing needs for suite licensors and corporate sponsorship accounts
** Financial compensation is not available. **
** We do not provide housing or transportation. **
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What department(s) interest you the most for an internship position? 2. Are you available to work evenings and weekends for game night duties?
1. What department(s) interest you the most for an internship position?
2. Are you available to work evenings and weekends for game night duties?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ