» IT Entry level position - Harbor Yard Sports & Entertainment, LLC. (Bridgeport, CT)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, the American Hockey League affiliate of the New York Islanders, are looking for a Communications Manager. This position is responsible for soliciting publicity throughout Connecticut for the team's on-ice performance, community outreach and new business initiatives. Strong knowledge of local/national sports media and off-sports media. Must be proficient in stat analysis. Must have excellent verbal and written communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills. Possible broadcasting opportunity for qualified candidate.
- Develop and maintain relationships with various media outlets in Connecticut.
- Write media worthy stories and distribute appropriately via website & social media.
- Promote the Bridgeport Sound Tigers through traditional and non-traditional media.
- Travel with the team to all away games
- Oversee Media Relations interns
- Ability to create and edit videos
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Sport Management or other related field.
- Knowledge of hockey/NHL preferred.
- Experience with professional sports teams a plus
- Knowledgeable with Mac and PC operating systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint and other related computer skills required.
- Working knowledge and experience with Adobe Creative Cloud (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, Adobe Premiere Pro), Video Compression formats, DSLR / XDCAM cameras a plus.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills and attention to detail required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks/projects .
- Ability to work independently without supervision, be self-directed and demonstrate initiative.
- Strong team synergy skills and ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Exhibit good judgment and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends and be on-call as necessary based on the changing priorities of the department.
- Broadcasting play-by-play experience a plus.
- Competitive Salary
- Full Benefits Package including health, dental, vision, 401k
IT - Entry-Level
Harbor Yard Arena Sport and Entertainment, LLC (HYSE) – Bridgeport, CT
Harbor Yard Sports & Entertainment, LLC operates a sports and entertainment destination for family entertainment in Southern Connecticut. The company is based in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Harbor Yard Sports & Entertainment, LLC operates as a subsidiary of Bridgeport Sound Tigers..
We have an Entry- level IT position open, ideal for an IT student looking to start their career.
The HYSE Offers the right candidate:
- Great benefits including medical and dental each paid partially by the company.
- Generous Paid time off and holidays
- A family atmosphere
- An opportunity to learn and grow with the company.
- Provide direct support to users throughout company’s IT environment.
- Install, maintain, and support PC hardware, peripherals, operating systems, and applications on the standalone and networked PCs.
- Perform diagnostics to resolve PC and peripheral's malfunctions.
- Provide IT support for sporting and entertainment events in a sports arena.
- Ideal candidate is an IT student looking to start their career
- BA in computer science or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, occasional weekends may be required.
- Friendly presence and helpful attitude and ability to work well with others.
- Good problem solving skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced and changing work environment.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bachelor’s Degree
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ