» Video and Graphic Coordinator - Bridgeport Sound Tigers (Bridgeport, CT)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
Bridgeport Sound Tigers / Webster Bank Arena
Game Night Internship Opportunities
The Bridgeport Sound Tigers, the top affiliate of the NHL's New York Islanders, are currently accepting applications for game night internships for the 2014-15 season. Candidates must currently be enrolled in college and can receive credit for their learning experience; there is no monetary compensation. The internship will take place at the Webster Bank Arena in Bridgeport, CT from October 2014 to April of 2015. Candidates must be able to work game nights and weekends throughout the entire season. Applicants should posses excellent people skills, be reliable and eager to work in sports.
As a participant in the game night internship program, interns learn the inner workings of how to run a successful top affiliate sports organization along with the operations of an arena.
Intern characteristics desired:
• Posses strong organizational and communication (both oral and written) skills
• Be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and the internet (any other special program / software usage is a plus)
• Have the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
• Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
• A professional attitude will be expected
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work all home games plus playoffs, if needed (weekdays & weekends)
• Assist with any pre & post game activities
• Man any concourse tables during the games to aid in group ticketing assets such as chuck-a-puck, raffles, sales & kids club tables, etc. While manning the table interns will be given raffle sales goals to achieve each night.
• Be outgoing and friendly to all patrons at the games to make each fans experience the best it can be. If you don’t have an answer help find the person that can get the answer.
• Ticket taking and ushering patrons to their seats as needed
• Other duties as assigned
** Financial compensation is not available. **
** We do not provide housing or transportation. **
The Video and Graphic Coordinator will be charged with creating content for and managing the video and graphic display systems at the Webster Bank Arena. Working closely with the marketing, sales, and sponsorship departments the Video and Graphic Coordinator will create still graphics, animations, and videos for the arena entertainment at home games for the Bridgeport Sound Tigers AHL Hockey Team, Sacred Heart University Hockey Team, and Fairfield University Basketball Team. Along with these and other sporting events the Video and Graphic Coordinator will also be involved in assisting any other shows or events taking place at the arena. Besides content creation, the Video and Graphic Coordinator will also be in charge of the management of the arena’s video and graphic display systems, including the arena video boards and LED signage. Management of this equipment will include maintenance of the equipment and coordination of the content to be displayed.
The Video and Graphic Coordinator must have experience in both static and motion graphic design, working with the Adobe suit of products (Photoshop, After Effects, Illustrator). They should also have a familiarity with the software and equipment used in video production, including video editing software, cameras, lights, and microphones. Experience working in a live studio production environment is a plus.
Please be prepared to show and example of the design or video work you have done.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ