» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
As part of Mohawk Valley Garden, the Utica Comets Social Media Manager is responsible for strategy, optimization and ownership of the Comets web and social platforms from end-to-end.
This high-profile, fast-paced and challenging opportunity requires strong leadership and organization skills by setting a clear vision, building a detailed strategy, bringing innovative thinking to the team and managing deliverables in an efficient, timely manner. He/she will be responsible for representing the Comets brand and defining our voice(s) while collaborating with other team members to create content that is inspiring and entertaining for Comets fans, ultimately driving business, sponsorship, and community results.
When you apply for this job online, please answer the following questions:
• This position is located in Utica, NY. If necessary, are you able to relocate at your own expense?
• Do you have the legal right to work in the United States?
• What are your salary expectations for this position?
• Choose one team, league, or sports brand. Analyze how it engages with fans on social media. What do they do well? What could they do better?
• Think back to a project you worked on that required you to manage lots of different tasks all at once. What are key lessons you took away that you can imagine could be valuable in this role?
• How have you used digital analytics in your career? Beyond simply gathering data and reporting it, can you think of an instance when the data caused you to rethink your strategy? Describe that insight.
• Identify three NHL players you enjoy following on Twitter or Instagram. What makes each of those players stand out to you?
• What’s your favorite thing you have seen an athlete in any sport post in 2017? Share a link.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Drive vision and strategy for user/fan experience across all digital and social platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Website, etc.)
• Drive integrated content ideation from concept to completion across all platforms
• Stay heavily involved in community-wide initiatives and efforts to grow the Comets brand
• Ensure integration with all Comets departments, as well as other communications, marketing and community relations leaders
• Continuously generate new and creative ways to expand the Comets brand and gain followers across all platforms
Qualifications and Education Requirements
• Four-year degree
• Minimum 2-3 years' experience across digital and social media including strategy, digital marketing, social media, web-development and/or a related field
• Extensive knowledge of all digital and social media platforms, with evidence of own SoMe presence
• Extensive writing background
• Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays
• Experience with professional or collegiate sports preferred
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ