» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Grand Rapids Griffins are searching for ONE self-motivated, creative and enthusiastic individual seeking to gain the experience and skill set required to become a ticket sales professional. During the 2014-15 season, this individual will:
- Learn from and work directly with our creative and award-winning sales team of account executives, managers and directors.
- Take on duties and responsibilities directly related to those of our ticket sales account executives.
- Receive the opportunity to put their skills to work and gain valuable experience while contributing to the department's effort to achieve full season ticket, game plan and group ticket sales goals.
Internship Length: ASAP to April 24, 2015.
Compensation: Hourly plus commission and bonus opportunities.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Selling Griffins ticket products during the 2014-15 season.
- Making outbound calls to current and dormant customers as well as leads and prospects from provided lists in order to generate sales.
- Proactively creating new sales opportunities with business and non-profit-related groups.
- Building relationships to provide excellent customer service and encourage repeat business.
- Assisting in various group and season ticket marketing and promotional campaigns.
- Maintaining and imputing sales information within in the department’s Microsoft Dynamics CRM system.
- Fulfilling the daily operational needs of the department.
- Assisting in game night customer fulfillment initiatives, including in-arena customer sales/service locations and "Get in the Game" fan experience and fundraising activities.
- Managing the distribution of ticket packages and direct mail pieces.
- Career mentoring, along with tips and advice on networking, personal branding, resumes and interviews.
- Complementary tickets for games worked.
- Game night meals.
- Must be a Senior or recent college graduate, preferably with a Sports Management or Business Administration major.
- Availability to work at least 15 office hours each week.
- Flexibility to work home games as assigned, including those on and around holidays.
- Demonstrate highly developed verbal, written and interpersonal skills for interaction with fans and co-workers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an intern to successfully perform the essential functions of this internship. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- Lifting 10-25 pound containers infrequently.
- Bending required when lifting.
JOIN OUR TEAM AS WE LAUNCH THE 2014-15 SEASON OF GRIFFINS HOCKEY!
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What is your availability Monday - Friday? 2. What is your availability on Saturday & Sunday?
1. What is your availability Monday - Friday?
2. What is your availability on Saturday & Sunday?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ