» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
Reports to: Ticket Operations Manager
Positions available: 7 open positions
The Grand Rapids Griffins, top affiliate of the Detroit Red Wings, are looking for energetic, professional, and self-motivated people seeking to gain real-world experience while positioning themselves for a career in sports business, where prior experience is looked at as highly desirable by organizations within the industry. Former interns have gone on to gain employment with the Detroit Red Wings, Nashville Predators, Dallas Stars, Detroit Tigers, Milwaukee Brewers, Oakland A’s, St. Louis Cardinals, West Michigan Whitecaps, Detroit Pistons, & University of Michigan among others. Interns will be responsible for working in the box office on game nights while providing a memorable experience for fans.
This entry-level internship will include game-related duties and responsibilities within the Griffins Ticket Operations, Ticket Sales and Game Operations Departments, including:
- Assist in Box Office, sales, will call, and customer service duties on all 38 game nights.
- Participate in the promoting of all Griffins ticket related activities including, but not limited to, the distribution of flyers and name collection materials, and the support of any other ticket sales related programs as determined by management.
- Ensure quality customer service for all Griffins patrons.
- Opportunities to learn ticketing software and the ticket sales process.
- Learn departmental policies and procedures.
Ticket Sales Support & Game Operations
- Assist in the distribution of giveaways and promotional items.
- Manage fan data collection programs.
- Assist in the execution of game night plans including contests/promotions on the ice, the concourse, or in the stands.
- Assist the Ticket Sales Department with various lead generation, marketing research and promotional projects.
- Run payments and assist with post-game jersey auctions.
- Assist with season ticket member benefits fulfillment.
- Work on concourse with staff customer service stations to learn how to facilitate in-game issues as they arise.
- Participate in sales contests, lead generation and other non-game community initiatives.
- Coordinate and execute afternoon hockey events.
- Must be able to work all 38 Griffins home games during the 2017-18 season. LINK: Griffins 2017 Schedule
- Ability to provide excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- Free parking on game nights
- Complimentary tickets for games worked
- Stipend Pay
Length of Internship:
Orientation prior to the beginning of the season (late September) and all 38 Griffins home games between October to the conclusion of the regular season in April (terms and conditions of internship may be adjusted at any time). Playoff assistance is recommended and preferred.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you able to work unusual hours, late evenings, holidays and weekends? 2. Do you have previous cash handling experience? 3. What characteristics and traits do you possess that separate you from the other applicants? 4. Are you able to work all 38 Griffins home games? 5. Will you be receiving college credit? If so, at what school?
1. Are you able to work unusual hours, late evenings, holidays and weekends?
2. Do you have previous cash handling experience?
3. What characteristics and traits do you possess that separate you from the other applicants?
4. Are you able to work all 38 Griffins home games?
5. Will you be receiving college credit? If so, at what school?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ