» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Grand Rapids Griffins, the primary affiliate of the Detroit Red Wings, are seeking energetic, outgoing and dependable individuals to serve as members of our promotional team for the 2016-17 season. This is a part-time position, home game nights only.
- Assist with setup and breakdown of all Griffins game operations production elements.
- Execution of in-game promotions and events including but not limited to; pregame and postgame promotions, stoppage in play promotions, and on-ice intermission activities.
- Assisting the game operations assistant with all group needs (anthem set up, youth hockey, etc.).
- Interacting with fans on the concourse and in the stands
- Selecting fans for promotional games.
- Working closely with team mascots to entertain fans both during the game and intermissions.
- Assist with other game related tasks as assigned by Griffins staff.
- Ice skating ability REQUIRED.
- 18 years of age or older by September 1st, 2016.
- Ideal candidates are energetic, personable, and comfortable in front of crowds.
- Strong communication skills and outgoing personality to interact with fans of all ages.
- Customer service or marketing experience preferred. A background in sport marketing or communications is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ability to stand up to 5 hours at a time.
- Ability to lift up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to walk up and down stairs.
- Ability to deal and adapt to frequent change.
- Must have a flexible schedule and be able to work scheduled home games including evenings, weekends, and holidays (about 75% of the Grand Rapids Griffins home schedule).
- Mostly evening hours starting approximately two hours before game time.
- Must be available for duration of hockey season (October – April) and playoffs (potentially April – June)
- Free parking
- Complimentary tickets for games worked
- Game night meal provided by local area restaurants
- Paid (Pay rate TBD)
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ