» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Grand Rapids Griffins, top affiliate of the Detroit Red Wings, are offering an opportunity to current college level students looking to gain real-world experience and position themselves for a career in sports business management, where prior experience is looked at as highly desirable by organizations within the industry. Former interns have went on to gain employment with the Detroit Red Wings, Nashville Predators, Detroit Tigers, Milwaukee Brewers, Oakland A’s, West Michigan Whitecaps, Lancaster JetHawks, Bowling Green State University, & University of Michigan among others. The Game Night Interns will be trained in all aspects of ticket processing and customer service. Interns will be responsible for working in the box office on game nights while providing a memorable experience for fans.
This internship will include game-related duties and responsibilities within both the Griffins Ticket Sales and Game Operations Departments, including:
Ticket Sales Support & Game Operations Duties:
• Assist in the distribution of giveaways and promotional items.
• Manage fan data collection programs.
• Assist with the planning, preparing and organizing of all entertainment aspects on game nights.
• Assist in the execution of game night plans from the position of Griffins Game Night Staff Intern, overseeing the spirit team and all contests/promotions on the ice, the concourse, or in the stands.
• Act as the liaison between the Director of Game Operations and any outside entertainment personnel.
• Assist the Ticket Sales department with various lead generation, marketing research and promotional projects during normal business hours.
• Run payments and assist with raffles during jersey auctions.
• Assist with season ticket holder benefits fulfillment.
• Work on concourse with staff customer service stations to learn how to facilitate in-game issues as they arise.
• Sales contests, lead generating and opportunities to assist with community initiatives.
Ticket Operations Job Duties:
• Assist in Box Office set-up, sales, Will Call, and customer service duties on selected game nights.
• Participate in the promoting of all Griffins ticket related activities including, but not limited to, the distribution of flyers and name collection materials, and the support of any other ticket sales related programs as determined by management.
• Opportunities to learn software, order processing and AHL reporting.
• Free parking
• Complementary tickets for games worked
• Game night meal provided by local area restaurants
• Paid (pay rate TBD)
Length of Internship:
Griffins home games between October to the conclusion of the regular season in April (terms and conditions of internship may be adjusted at any time). Playoff assistance is recommended and preferred but not required.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ