» Digital Production Coordinator - Hamilton Bulldogs Hockey Club (Hamilton, ON)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Communications Intern is responsible for assisting with all communications and media relations functions for both business and hockey operations. The individual will work closely with the communications staff to assist with promotion of the hockey club. Over the course of the 2014-2015 season, the individual will work alongside the entire front office, coaches and players.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Compile data for game notes, create line-up sheets, print and distribute game notes
• Set up and tear down press box and press lounge on game days
• Distribute media credentials
• Assist with game reports
• Produce editorial content for the Bulldogs website
• Manage photo archive
• Assist in the areas of Hockey Operations, Marketing and Community Relations
• Any additional duties as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Excellent knowledge of and passion for hockey
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Exemplary attention to detail
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Outlook
• Ability to multi-task, problem solve and thrive in a really fast-paced environment
• Ability to exercise strict confidentiality and professionalism in the workplace
• Availability to work long hours, including many evenings and weekends
• Must be enrolled in a related post-secondary program and must be required to complete an internship for program credit
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Will this internship count for a course credit? 2. Are you currently enrolled in a University / College Program? 3. Do you have transportation to and from the office / arena? 4. Are you able to work nights, weekends and the occasional holiday? 5. Are you available to work for the duration of the 2014-2015 season and playoffs?
1. Will this internship count for a course credit?
2. Are you currently enrolled in a University / College Program?
3. Do you have transportation to and from the office / arena?
4. Are you able to work nights, weekends and the occasional holiday?
5. Are you available to work for the duration of the 2014-2015 season and playoffs?
The Digital Production Coordinator is responsible for creating animations and scoreboard graphics, shooting, editing and formatting videos as well as operating the video board and managing a student camera crew.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In Season Game Day(s) (Approx. 36 per year)
• Shooting and editing game coverage and pre-game videos
• Loading tri-caster video playback system for game based on script
• Overseeing and directing student digital media crew from Mohawk College for game coverage
• Playback of all video and sponsorship elements
• Exporting and editing highlight package from game and posting on various internet outlets
• Solve any technical issues that arise on game day
• Set up cameras for one off events during the game (i.e. musical performances)
• Utilize cameras, audio equipment, lighting equipment and editing equipment for game coverage and event coverage
• Maintain video control room functioning
• Work with the Game Operations Manager on the creative vision and concept for in-game videos
In Season Non-Game Day(s)
• Create animations and graphics for scoreboard
• Format sponsor animations, graphics or videos for the scoreboard
• Create new graphics for and manage hamiltonbulldogs.com website
• Digital formatting and editing of videos
• Utilize cameras, audio equipment, lighting equipment and editing equipment for event coverage
• Format digital media using various applications and software such as Photoshop, Adobe Premiere and After Effects
• Set up camera, audio and lighting equipment for live radio shows
Out of Season – No Game Day(s) (Approx. May to July)
• Consolidate all digital files for the season
• Catalogue all game highlights and archive files
• Starting graphics and brainstorming/building animations for next season
• Community event coverage
• Updating hamiltonbulldogs.com website
* Any additional duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• University Degree or College Diploma in a related discipline; or equivalent experience
• 2 to 3 years experience in digital media
• Aptitude for digital strategy
• A strong knowledge of and passion for hockey
• Ability to conceptualize and apply creative ideas
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Ability to prioritize tasks
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ