» 2014-15: Sales Internship - Springfield Falcons (Springfield, MA)
» Game Night Merchandise Sales Associate - Springfield Falcons (Springfield, MA)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
Springfield Falcons 2014-15 Game Night Operations Internship
The Springfield Falcons, the American Hockey League affiliate of the Columbus Blue Jackets, are currently accepting applications for the 2014-15 season. Candidates have the opportunity to receive credit for their learning experience; there is no monetary compensation. The internship will take place at the MassMutual Center in Springfield, MA. Candidates must be able to work game nights. Applicants should be reliable, eager to work in sports and possess excellent people skills.
As a participant of the Springfield Falcons Internship Program, interns gain knowledge about the inner workings of a professional sports franchise.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- -Work all home games plus playoffs, if needed (weekdays & weekends)
- -Assist in preparing game night activities and signage
- -Contribute to giveaways, intermission events, player appearances, fan involvement, and any event that is executed before, during and after home games
- -Ability to ice skate is preferred but NOT required
- -Maintain constant communication with Game Operations Director and other operations staff via headset
- -Interact with all members of the front office as well as fans including children, parents, groups, sports teams and other patrons in attendance
- -Other duties as assigned
The Springfield Falcons, The AHL affiliate of the Columbus Blue Jackets, are seeking passionate and positive people who are committed to becoming leaders in the business of professional sports. Career growth-oriented sports sales development program, which focuses on developing the skills needed to become an inside sales and customer service professional. Under the guidance of the Ticket Sales Department, the intent of this program is to expand the applicant’s abilities to a level that will merit consideration for a promotion to a full time position within the sports industry following successful completion of the program. You will be required to submit your availability ahead of time.
• Make outbound calls to assigned leads to sell upcoming events and ticket packages
• Answer incoming single game calls with the ability to up-sell callers into packages, and groups
• Ability to work office hours during the week plus all Falcons home games
• Work all home games, plus additional nights, weekends and holidays outside of normal office hours, as assigned
• Represent the organization at in-house events and off-site community events promoting tickets
• Maintain computerized records of all ticket customers and prospects using our CRM data base Archtics
• Provide unsurpassed customer service to prospects and current clients over the phone, in office and at games or other events
• Assist customer service efforts (mailing invoices, tickets, etc…), and other office tasks
• Help with planning and organizing various sales and marketing initiatives and programs
• Attend weekly meetings and sales training/role-play sessions.
• Other duties as assigned
• At least one year of advanced education working towards a degree in Business, Sport Management, Marketing or related field.
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule with long hours, which includes home games, nights, weekends and holidays as assigned
• Desire to be a sales industry leader
• Ability to work as a team player
• Proficiency in basic computer software programs
The Springfield Falcons hockey team is looking for responsible and outgoing individuals to sell merchandise at home games during the 2014-15 AHL season.
Description & Responsibilities
• Keep an accurate record of product inventory at the beginning and end of each shift
• Arrive 2-3 hours before games to prepare merchandise kiosks before fans arrive at the game
• Sell merchandise during all Springfield Falcons home games
• Facilitate sales transactions of cash and credit cards
• Keep merchandise kiosks clean and product displayed neatly
• Stay knowledgeable on all products and inventory
Ideal Applicant Requirements
• In college or graduate of a 2-4 year degree
• Retail / POS system experience
• Ability to work flexible hours (mostly Friday nights and weekends; 30-38 games from October to April plus playoffs)
• Great customer service skills
• Ability to keep records of all transactions and money exchanged
• Outgoing personality
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Team player
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES/NO I am able to work 30-40 games.
1. YES/NO I am able to work 30-40 games.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ