» Manager of Creative Services - American Hockey League (Springfield, MA)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Director of Finance role is a fast-paced, multi-faceted position that will play an integral part of the Thunderbirds’ continued growth as an organization within the American Hockey League. This position will require finance expertise, along with human resource responsibilities and direct oversight of a team merchandise staff member. This particular role has great growth opportunities, as we are looking to bring someone on that is able and willing to go the extra mile to help make the Thunderbirds’ a premier entertainment/sports destination in Western Massachusetts.
- Cash Management
- Daily, weekly & game night reconciliation of incoming cash/checks/credit cards/EFT’s for all revenue streams of the company including, but not limited to season tickets, group tickets, corporate partnership payments, team store sales (via POS system), ancillary game night revenues and other miscellaneous sources of revenue.
- Prepare monthly (internal) and annual (reviewed) financial statements
- Prepare weekly cash management reports
- Accounts Receivable (corporate partnership installment invoicing and collections)
- Accounts Payable (analyzing all incoming vendor billing to determine proper expense account allocation)
- Payroll – via outside payroll processing company (Complete Payroll Solutions)
- Maintain salaried & hourly employee records
- Compute commissions for season & group tickets and corporate partnerships
- Compute bonuses for sales staff
- Human Resources
- Maintain and monitor office vacation & sick day calendar
- Annual budget preparation
- Liaison with MassMutual Center box office manager & director of finance regarding game night settlements
- Work in close conjunction with Manager of Ticket Operations
- Bi-weekly deposits of season ticket collection
- Game by game deposits of group ticket collections
- Review ticket system (Paciolan) reports of sales reps with Ticket Sales Manager in order to compute commissions and bonuses
- Work in close conjunction with Coordinator of Merchandise
- Settle cash drawer to POS reports on a post-game basis
- Conduct monthly inventory count
- Prepare away game per diems (includes cash disbursements to players, coaches, trainers and broadcaster per AHL collective bargaining agreement)
- Compute & electronically file monthly sales tax return with Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- File all necessary research and data to insurance brokers for health, liability, worker’s comp and commercial forms of insurance
- Review all credit card processing policies, procedures and agreements with 3rd party vendors
- Maintain monthly petty cash reports with Equipment Manager & Head Athletic Trainer
- Liaison with Hogan Technology, regarding IT & phone management
- Liaison with MassMutual Center regarding office maintenance
- Perform treasurer duties for Springfield Thunderbirds Charitable Foundation
The Manager of Creative Services will be responsible for developing and producing all graphic design assets for the American Hockey League. The individual must possess great energy, organizational skills, and communication skills.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
-Collaborate on and create graphic designs and layout elements for all print, digital and electronic marketing and advertising, publications, digital and social media, website, merchandise and other products ensuring all materials are completed in a professional and timely manner for all marketing mediums utilizing Adobe Cloud Services (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
-Graphic design elements include multiple creatives for AHL social media, theahl.com, ahlstore.com, AHL Authentic, AHL Events, AHL partnership proposals and recaps, Calder Cup Playoffs, AHL Publications and other collateral materials across all departments.
-Develop and present creative solution options for approval, modifying for feedback received.
-Create standardized templates for use by others within the organization.
-Adhere to brand imaging standards ensuring look and feel consistency.
-Develop and present branding campaigns for the AHL.
-Ensure all materials meet brand standards.
The qualifications listed below represent the credentials necessary to perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
A. Education and/or Experience
-Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in graphic design, marketing, or related field.
-At least 2 years of creative services/advertising/marketing experience. Sports and/or venue industry experience preferred but not required.
-Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Cloud, namely Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign preferred.
-Intermediate working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
-Video editing experience is not mandatory but is a plus.
-Strong design style and graphic design technical skills with ability to adhere to brand imaging standards, ensuring look and feel consistency.
-Maintain a professional appearance and act in a professional manner under all circumstances, including maintaining confidentiality and discretion when privy to sensitive information.
-Possess strong project management skills managing complex, multi-faceted projects resulting in measurable success.
-Possess a solid understanding of how to best leverage digital/social media and media to support revenue generation and brand development goals.
-Must have truly outstanding customer service and interpersonal skills.
-Must be self-motivated with good time management skills, ability to prioritize, have a strong work ethic, positive attitude, integrity, and a commitment to performance excellence.
-Possess ability to take constructive input/critique from others and be a flexible and a reliable team player, both within own department and within the organization.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have graphic design experience? 2. How many years of relevant graphic design experience do you have? 3. Will you share completed graphic design projects with AHL staff?
1. Do you have graphic design experience?
2. How many years of relevant graphic design experience do you have?
3. Will you share completed graphic design projects with AHL staff?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ