» Broadcast Intern - Springfield Falcons (Springfield, MA)
» Manager of Communications and Community Relations - Springfield Falcons (Springfield, MA)
» Manager of Ticket Sales - Springfield Falcons (Springfield, Ma)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
Assist the Equipment Manager of the Springfield Falcons working closely with the coaching staff and players to ensure optimal results. Responsible for the daily equipment needs of the players, coaching staff, and technical staff.
· Ensures the availability of all the necessary equipment needs for the players and coaching staff
· Coordinate and complete daily laundry duties for home and visiting teams
· Organize equipment on the bench and address player equipment needs during games and practices
· Ensure that the locker rooms, coaching / medical staff rooms and washrooms are well maintained, organized and clean
· Coordinates the loading and unloading of bus for all road trips
· Strong ability to handle multiple demands and adapt to changes quickly and efficiently
· Must have ability to establish healthy professional relationships with all athletes
· Other reasonable duties as assigned
Specific Job Knowledge, Skill and Ability:
· Detailed hockey knowledge strongly preferred
· Positive “can-do” style. Open minded with flexibility in his/her approach with a persistent and resilient style
· Ability to work on own or as a part of a team
· Energetic and open with an honest straightforward style
· Self-assured and has a calm style under pressure
· Must have excellent organizational and communication skills
· Fluency in English language required. Fluency in other foreign languages preferred
· Must have the ability to communicate effectively & tactfully with managers & other levels of personnel
· Must possess confidence & diplomacy
· Must have ability to organize & schedule work effectively
The Springfield Falcons, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Arizona Coyotes, are seeking a dedicated and highly motivated Broadcast Intern for the 2015-16 season. This position will consist of aiding the team’s play-by-play broadcaster and any related needs that may arise.
Assist in producing and updating statistics, notes and player biographies in media kits
Manage Social Media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram on game nights
Assist in pre-game preparation (media room, game notes, credentials, press box set-up)
Facilitate needs of media during game (distribution of line-ups, box scores and other assistance upon request)
On-air possibility for intermission reports/interviews/league content
Coordinate and film post-game interviews for FalconsTV
Assist with writing and distribution of game day press releases
Edit and publish post-game highlights
Video archiving after each home game
Photo archiving after each home game
Ability to work nontraditional hours, including nights, weekends and holidays
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Extensive knowledge of the rules of ice hockey and statistical information
Proficiency with Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere
Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe InDesign, or Acrobat Pro
Manager of Communications and Community Relations
The Springfield Falcons, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the
Columbus Blue Jackets, are seeking a highly motivated Manager of Communications and
Community Relations. This position will be responsible for managing the day-to-day
Media and Community Relations efforts for the Falcons.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and manage relationships with radio, television and print media outlets
• Serve as the primary contact for all media outlets
• Update the team’s official website with new content in a timely manner
• Produce, edit and update team and individual statistics, notes and coach/player biographies in media kits
• Manage Social Media outlets, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
• Manage requests for game night credentials
• Plan and execute community events
• Oversee all player / team appearances
• Manage mascot schedule
• Compile game notes
• Coordinate travel itineraries for road trips
• Coordinate monthly practice schedule
• Set up and break down press box
• Coordinate post-game media requests
• Write and distribute all team press releases
• Develop and publish content with other departments
• Publish post-game highlights to send to news outlets
4 year college degree
Excellent written and oral communications skills
2+ years experience in media and/or community relations
Works closely with the Vice President of Sales in the staffing, management and implementation of a dedicated sales campaign to achieve targeted revenue and ticket sales goals. Position is responsible for leading and developing new business through season tickets, partial plans, group tickets and premium inventory as well as up-selling existing accounts.
· Assist in managing the overall sales efforts for the Falcons tickets sales staff, including directing sales activities, setting and reviewing sales goals and training and mentoring the staff.
· Develop sales plans along with daily, monthly and season goals.
· Join representatives on sales calls and appointments and assist with the sales process where necessary.
· Lead the development, planning and execution of group theme nights throughout the season.
· Responsible for achieving personal sales goals.
· Monitor volume of outbound phone calls, face to face appointments and reporting of sales results.
· Provide the highest level of customer service.
· Attends all Springfield Falcons home games; managing sales and service efforts of staff.
· Attend outside events with the purpose of selling tickets.
· Provide weekly and monthly reports to management.
· 3-5 years experience in selling tickets is REQUIRED
· Knowledge of Archtics
· Ability to multi-task; manage a staff while meeting personal sales goals
· Previous management experience is a plus
· Ability to effectively communicate with the public and staff in a professional manner
· Excellent time management, organization and customer service skills
· Ability to respond quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have 3-5 years experience in selling tickets?
1. Do you have 3-5 years experience in selling tickets?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ