» 2014-15 Game Night Operations Internship - Springfield Falcons (Springfield, MA)
» Account Executive - Springfield Falcons (Springfield, MA)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
Springfield Falcons 2014-15 Communications & Community Relations Internship
The Springfield Falcons, the American Hockey League affiliate of the Columbus Blue Jackets, are currently accepting applications for the Communications & Community Relations Internship during the 2014-15 season. Candidates will have the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in sports communications by performing game day public and media relations activities, day-to-day communications tasks and assisting with community events. Applicants must receive school credit for their learning experience; there is no monetary compensation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work all pre-season, regular-season and playoff home games (weekdays and weekends)
- Assist in pre-game preparation (i.e. media room, game notes, credentials, press box set-up)
- Facilitate needs of media during game (i.e. distribution of line-ups, box scores and other assistance upon request)
- Facilitate interviews between players/coaches and local media
- Update social media pages
- Assist in the upkeep and design of the team’s official webpage
- Assist in organizing and executing community events (i.e. community programs, player appearances, mascot appearances)
- Maintain constant communication with the Manager of Communications & Community Relations
- Other duties as assigned
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program pursing a degree in communications, sport management, marketing, business or related field
- Reliable and eager to work in the sports industry
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and attend all home games on nights and weekends
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of hockey is preferred, but not required
Springfield Falcons 2014-15 Game Night Operations Internship
The Springfield Falcons, the American Hockey League affiliate of the Columbus Blue Jackets, are currently accepting applications for the 2014-15 season. Candidates have the opportunity to receive credit for their learning experience; there is no monetary compensation. The internship will take place at the MassMutual Center in Springfield, MA. Candidates must be able to work game nights. Applicants should be reliable, eager to work in sports and possess excellent people skills.
As a participant of the Springfield Falcons Internship Program, interns gain knowledge about the inner workings of a professional sports franchise.
- Duties and Responsibilities:
- -Work all home games plus playoffs, if needed (weekdays & weekends)
- -Assist in preparing game night activities and signage
- -Contribute to giveaways, intermission events, player appearances, fan involvement, and any event that is executed before, during and after home games
- -Ability to ice skate is preferred but NOT required
- -Maintain constant communication with Game Operations Director and other operations staff via headset
- -Interact with all members of the front office as well as fans including children, parents, groups, sports teams and other patrons in attendance
- -Other duties as assigned
Account Executive – Springfield Falcons (Springfield, MA)
The Springfield Falcons, proud American Hockey League affiliate of the Columbus Blue Jackets, are seeking a highly motivated Account Executive. This position will be responsible for generating revenue through season, mini-plan and group ticket sales. Must be self-disciplined, possess strong follow-up skills, and have exceptional time management skills.
• Generate revenue for the Springfield Falcons through the sale of season, mini-plan and group ticket sales.
• Achieve or exceed out-bound call goals to existing or potential fans.
• Answer in-bound calls to provide customer service and upsell seat packages.
• Knowledge of all Falcons product lines including season plans, partial plans and group sales packages.
• Identify and target prospects for group tickets.
• Develop and maintain relationships through unmatched customer service• Maintain computerizes records of all clients and prospects via Archtics.
• Develop and implement theme nights
• Meet or exceed all sales goals
• Regular meetings with management to provide updates on sales activity, appointments, management, and customer service.
• Must be able and eager to work non-traditional flexible hours; to include nights, weekends, and events.
• Four year college degree
• Exceptional work ethic with a high level of personal and professional integrity
• Excellent written and oral skills
• Strong time management
• Ticket sales experience is a bonus
• Team oriented
• Proficient computer skills
• Effective time management skills
• Qualified candidates must include a cover letter and a resume.
*Please do not contact the Falcons office*
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you currently reside in Western Massachusetts? (Y/N) 2. Do you have previous experience in ticket sales? (Y/N) 3. Please explain why you would be the ideal candidate for this postion (in 100 words or less).
1. Do you currently reside in Western Massachusetts? (Y/N)
2. Do you have previous experience in ticket sales? (Y/N)
3. Please explain why you would be the ideal candidate for this postion (in 100 words or less).
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ