» Foundation Intern - Texas Stars (Cedar Park, TX)
» Media Relations Intern – Cedar Park, TX - Texas Stars (Cedar Park, TX)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The individual in this role will be assisting the Texas Stars and Cedar Park Center Corporate Sponsorship Department in the activation and fulfillment of all sponsorships. The individual will also be responsible for assisting with the game operations and activation at Texas Stars games. The individual reports to the Sponsorship Services Manager.
• Provide administrative support to the Sponsorship Services department.
• Assists in tracking of all sponsorship activation elements including online and social media.
• Develop reports and sponsor recaps in support of marketing and corporate sales efforts.
• Works with the Game Operations department to assist in fulfilling needs of the Sponsorship Services department.
• Supports Texas Stars Sponsorship Services and Marketing staff in all pre-game and postgame events as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent required. Ideal candidates are pursuing a college degree in Marketing, Sport Management, Advertising or a closely related field.
• Ability to receive college credit based on the specific requirements is a plus.
• Successful candidates have some experience in marketing and/or customer service, are innovative, self-starters, independent, highly creative workers with excellent organizational, interpersonal and follow-up skills with the willingness to learn.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, excellent phone skills and proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office.
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, members and the general public.
Starting Date: September 2014
Ending Date: May 2015
Hours Per Week: 10-20 (will vary depending on games/events, etc.)
Pay Status: Paid Internship
Work Schedule: Variable based on student schedule and corporate events, but intern must be able to attend a minimum of 30 games/events.
The Texas Stars Foundation is the charitable arm of the Texas Stars Hockey Club. The Foundation manages charitable contributions and fundraising efforts on behalf of the Texas Stars as well as oversees community appearances by the team. Intern will assist Foundation Director in game operations, foundation marketing, community relations, and special event preparation. Reports to Texas Stars Foundation Director.
· Assist with management and implementation of in-game fundraisers and special fundraising events
· Collaborate with donation recipients, honorees, and partner charities for Foundation related promotions, events, and community appearances
· Assist in coordination of donation fulfillment and tracking of donation fulfillment
· Assist in planning of large scale Foundation fundraising events
· Coordinate with area hospitals, charities, and schools for team community appearances
· Collaborate with Foundation Board of Directors and assist in incorporation of Board ideas
· Prepares event memos and post-mortems on events, registration forms, invitations, etc.
· Interacts with Texas Stars Hockey Operations Staff, Cedar Park Center Staff, Texas Stars corporate partners, guests of the Cedar Park Center, the Texas Stars players and families
· Other duties as assigned
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Successful candidates have some experience in a nonprofit setting, are innovative, self-starters, independent, energetic, and organized while possessing excellent interpersonal skills
· Excellent computer skills, preferably with experience in Adobe Photoshop
· Flexibility in venue, schedule, and duties: Foundation events require a variety of tasks in a multitude of settings, from on-ice activities to formal events
· Intern must be able to provide transportation to and from Cedar Park Center/event venues
· High School Diploma or equivalent required. Ideal candidate is pursuing a college degree in marketing, business, sport management, or closely related field.
Starting Date: September 2014
Ending Date: May/ June 2015 (depending on Texas Stars schedule; if playoffs are made, internship will conclude at the end of the playoff run)
Hours Per Week: 10-20 (will vary depending on events, etc.)
Pay Status: Unpaid Internship
Work Schedule: Variable based on student schedule and Foundation events, but intern must be able to attend all Texas Stars home games (including playoffs) where Foundation activities are taking place
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a high school diploma or the equivalent? 2. Do you have previous experience working with non-profit organizations?
1. Do you have a high school diploma or the equivalent?
2. Do you have previous experience working with non-profit organizations?
Media Relations Intern – Cedar Park, TX
The Texas Stars are currently accepting applications for the Media Relations Intern position for the 2013-2014 season. This internship has responsibilities for regular office hours and for all Stars home games, both located at the Cedar Park Center in Cedar Park, TX. Terms available are Fall Semester, Spring Semester or Full Season. College credit is gladly accepted, though not required. This position is an unpaid internship and reports to the Director of Broadcasting & Media Relations.
The Media Relations Internship provides an exceptional opportunity to gain hand-on experience with a professional sports franchise and is a fundamental stepping stone towards procuring a full-time Public/Media Relations position in the sports industry.
• Assist the Director of Broadcasting & Media Relations with day-to-day duties.
• Organize and distribute game notes packets and run press box on game nights.
• Help with pre-game press meals in the media room.
• Assist with post-game activities including coordinating post-game media contact, statistics, etc.
• Contribute to writing of press releases, game recaps & in-depth features for TexasStarsHockey.com.
• Organize and assist in collecting of media clips from newspapers and online articles
• Provide both written and video content for the Stars website and social media initiatives.
• For the qualified candidate, there may also be an opportunity to learn and contribute in some capacity to the Stars Radio Broadcast.
• Any other duties assigned.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Flexible hours with ability to work all home games, including nights and weekends.
• Ability to balance multiple responsibilities.
• Be punctual with an exceptional work ethic and professional demeanor.
• Creative thinker.
• Must possess a basic knowledge of hockey and a passion for sports.
• Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet Research, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
• Single semester candidates must have definitive start and end dates prior to beginning internship.
Please note that this is an unpaid internship.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ