» Coordinator, Ticket Operations - The Texas Stars (Cedar Park, TX)
» Director of Marketing - Texas Stars (Cedar Park, TX)
» Ice Patrol - Promotion Team - Texas Stars (Cedar Park, TX)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Texas Stars are currently accepting applications for a Communications Internship, based in Digital Media and Video, for the 2016-17 season.
The Digital Media internship is available for Fall Semester, Spring Semester, or the Full Season. College credit is accepted, but not required. This position is an unpaid internship and reports to the Director of Marketing and the Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations.
The Digital Media Intern will be required to attend all Texas Stars home games and some of the team’s game-day practices at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park (formerly Cedar Park Center) in Cedar Park, Texas. Interns will also be asked to monitor some of the road games online. They will also be required to attend some other team functions, such as the Dallas Stars’ NHL Training Camp at H-E-B Center.
The Digital Media Internship will have a direct effect on the Stars use of video in their social media and web efforts. This provides an exceptional opportunity to gain hands-on experience with a professional sports
franchise, and is a fundamental stepping stone towards procuring a full-time position in Digital/Social Media in the sports industry.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and the Director of Broadcasting & Media Relations with day-to-day duties.
- Recording game-day practice interviews and postgame interviews to be uploaded for social media and local TV stations.
- Using Facebook Live to live stream morning skate interviews, postgame interviews and other items as assigned.
- Upload in-game highlights to local TV stations during game intermissions.
- Assist in the team’s social media engagement efforts, such as creating real time GIFs and video clips to be used in-game on social media platforms.
- For the right candidate, there could be an opportunity to put together video features for use on the team’s website and social media platforms throughout the season.
- Assist in press box operations on game nights.
- Assist in the team’s social media efforts and work with the other interns to live-tweet road game broadcasts (approx. 12-15 games).
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Strong social media skills.
- Video editing experience with Final Cut, Adobe Premiere, or similar programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible hours with ability to work all home games, including nights and weekends, and monitor some road games online.
- Ability to balance multiple responsibilities.
- Be punctual with an exceptional work ethic and professional demeanor.
- Creative thinker.
- Must possess a basic knowledge of hockey and a passion for sports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Internet Research. Photoshop experience a plus.
- Single semester candidates must have definitive start and end dates prior to beginning internship.
Working for this organization means being a part of the premier entertainment venue of the area, the place where people go to relax, have fun and meet friends. The organization is recruiting a diverse workforce of people who are dependable, flexible and energetic. Every employee is an ambassador to the community, so dedication to customer service and a positive attitude are a constant requirement.
Assists the Box Office Assistant Manager and Director of Ticket Operations in overseeing ticket orders and all aspects of Box Office operations by performing the following responsibilities and others that may arise:
This position is a ticket operations liason to the Texas Stars Hockey Club and performs a wide range of services for the club’s Ticket Sales department with a strong emphasis on group-based ticketing tasks.
Maintain the Box Office window during day time operational hours assisting guests with ticket purchases
Serve as event Supervisor for occasional hockey, basketball and 3rd Party Events, overseeing ticket sellers, inventory control and ticket issue relolution
Assists with financial reporting functions by ensuring full and accurate accountability for all ticket sales
Adheres to ticketing and event control procedures
Assists the Box Office Assistant Manager and Director of Ticket Operations with supervising, instructing, and training ticket sellers as to the proper selling procedures
Maintains accurate count of tickets sold, money received from ticket sellers and change bank
Processes group sales orders for Texas Stars and 3rd Party Events as well as complimentary ticket requests
Assists in establishing a will call process and ensuring proper accountability for all will call orders
Assist with maintaining a line of communication between the Box Office, patrons, ushering, and security by providing patrons assistance with seating or ticket issues, and assisting ushers and security staff with seating and crowd control
Bachelors degree or Associate degree
Must have at minimum one year of experience working with Ticketmaster Host and/or Archtics
Possess a team oriented attitude, relationship building, professional demeanor and attitude
Requires working efficiently and effectively with the Box Office Assistant Manager, Director of Ticket Operations and other contacts within the organization
Experience with computer processing and spreadsheet programs preferably Microsoft Office software
Work requires the ability to read reports, audits and directions
Strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills, extensive customer service skills
Demonstrated work ethic with an innate sense of urgency and tenacity
Strong ability to adapt to changes, work effectively under pressure and produce accurate results in a fast paced environment.
This position requires working mostly during day time hours but will also be required to work some nights, weekends and holidays as necessary.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have at least 1 year experience with ticketmaster and/or Archtics? 2. Do you have Box Office experience in an arena/sport industry? 3. Are you able to work nights, weekends, holidays as needed?
1. Do you have at least 1 year experience with ticketmaster and/or Archtics?
2. Do you have Box Office experience in an arena/sport industry?
3. Are you able to work nights, weekends, holidays as needed?
The individual in this role will be the primary point person for traditional and non-traditional marketing initiatives as well as game operations for the Texas Stars Hockey team. The individual will also be responsible for generating ticket sales revenue through media buying and promotional planning. This position is expected to work all Texas Stars home games. Reports to Vice President of Sales & Marketing – Texas Stars.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
Develops comprehensive marketing plan aimed at driving revenue, with specific focus on individual ticket sales.
Responsible for planning, buying and placing media advertisements to promote Texas Stars games.
- Tracks tickets sales revenue and advertising spend data on a regular basis, ensuring ticket sales and ROI goals are met.
- Conducts market research and analyzes media ratings and trends, preparing reports for management to inform marketing decisions.
- Works with media partners to leverage advertising spend and develop innovative promotions.
- Oversees fan development initiatives including team and community events.
- Manages creation and production of all printed collateral, working closely with creative staff and outside vendors.
- Sets creative direction for Texas Stars marketing efforts.
Manages digital marketing & communications efforts, including team website, social media accounts, email marketing and mobile app.
Develops strategies for increasing fan interaction and growing revenue through digital media.
Researches developments and trends in digital media to identify new ideas and opportunities.
Oversees all content posted to digital media platforms, providing feedback and direction to staff.
Directly manages game operations & entertainment programs for all Texas Stars home games and other events.
Develops new ideas for theme nights, in-game content and activities.
Reviews game scripts, ensuring required assets from key stakeholders are included.
Creates and executes promotional plan, including giveaway items and ticket promotions.
Hires, trains & supervises full-time staff (PR director, video creative services manager, graphic designer & marketing coordinator) as well as department interns.
Hires, trains & supervises game-day staff (promotions team).
Manages and tracks departmental budgets.
- Integrity & Values - Can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful and values direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization.
- Interpersonal Confidence - Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships.
- Adaptability - Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly.
- Managing Processes - Ability to manage appropriate steps to get projects completed; has strong abilities to organize people and processes; can create a plan for resourceful workflow.
- Organizational Ability - Can manage people and resources to get projects completed; has a strong ability to multi-task and keep order.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of advertising, media planning/buying, and media ratings.
- Understanding of market research, revenue-generating programs, database management, and digital marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of special event planning and execution.
- Knowledge of event marketing and grassroots marketing strategies.
- Knowledge of Scarborough software a plus.
Bachelor's degree in marketing, sport management or closely related field
At least 4 years marketing experience. Sports marketing experience preferred.
2 or more years experience in a supervisory role.
Must be able to work nights, weekends & holidays as required.
Required computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Experience with website CMS programs preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite a plus.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a bachelors degree? 2. Do you have a minimum of 4yrs marketing experience 3. Are you proficient with Adobe Creative Suite?
1. Do you have a bachelors degree?
2. Do you have a minimum of 4yrs marketing experience
3. Are you proficient with Adobe Creative Suite?
The Texas Stars are currently accepting applications for energetic men and women to join the Ice Patrol, a co-ed promotions team, for the 2016-17 season. The team is responsible for entertaining and interacting with Texas Stars fans at games and community events. Team members are paid, part-time employees of the Texas Stars.
The Texas Stars are the American Hockey League affiliate of the NHL’s Dallas Stars and play their games at H-E-B Center at Cedar Park, located north of Austin at the corner of 183-A and New Hope Drive.
- Interact with fans on the concourse, in the stands and at outside events.
- Help with the set-up of Texas Stars and Ice Patrol tables on game days and at events.
- Appear on ice and on camera as the faces of the Texas Stars game entertainment crew.
- Assist with game operations, including contestant selection and prop set up.
- Represent the Texas Stars at team-sponsored and community events.
- Distribute marketing materials as part of grassroots marketing campaigns.
- At least 18 years of age by September 1, 2016.
- Ideal candidates are energetic, personable and comfortable in front of crowds.
- Customer service or marketing experience preferred. A background in sport marketing or communications is a plus but not a requirement.
- Ice skating ability is NOT required.
- Mostly evening hours, starting approximately two hours before game time.
- Must be able to work at least 75 percent of Texas Stars home games, including weeknights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be available for duration of the hockey season (September-April) and playoffs (potentially April-June).
You will be contacted to appear during a to-be-scheduled open interview time.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ