» Graphic Designer/Marketing - Texas Stars (Cedar Park, TX)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Texas Stars, American Hockey League affiliate of the Dallas Stars are looking for a highly motivated and driven Account Executive to add to an extremely competitive Ticket Sales staff. Candidate must be passionate, self-disciplined, possess strong follow-up skills, and have exceptional time management skills.
- Responsible for generating new business revenue through season tickets, partial plans, group tickets and premium inventory
- Develop and maintain relationships through unmatched customer service
- Responsible for up-selling existing season ticket accounts via phone, networking events and face to face presentations
- Maintain computerized records of all clients and prospects via Archtics.
- Develop and implement theme nights
- Meet or exceed all sales goals (weekly, monthly and yearly)
- Meet or exceed daily call and appointment expectations
- Regular meetings with management to provide updates on sales activity, appointments, management, and customer service.
- Efficiently manage workday as determined by Management
- Assist customer service efforts during renewal campaigns
- Must be able and eager to work non-traditional flexible hours; to include nights, weekends, and events.
- Desire to start and grow a career in the sports industry
- Ability to work as a team player
- Competitive and desire to be among the top sales performers
- Prior experience in ticket sales, appointment scheduling or cold-calling techniques is preferred
- Proven track record of 1-2 years of high level sales success, ticket sales preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills, customer service and problem solving skills
- Ability to function in fast-paced environment, handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Proficient in basic computer software programs
- Experience working with TicketMaster Archtics preferred
- Available to work flexible hours including holidays, evenings and weekends. Position is required to work all home games
- High energy; ability to remain focused on sales goals and work independently
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. 1. Do you have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Sports Management or related field? 2. 2. Do you have 1-2 years of high level ticket sales success and experience?
1. 1. Do you have a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Sports Management or related field?
2. 2. Do you have 1-2 years of high level ticket sales success and experience?
The individual in this role will be primarily responsible for graphic design and development within the Texas Stars Marketing department. Individual will also assist with game operations and general marketing efforts for the Texas Stars. Reports to the Director of Marketing - Texas Stars.
• Responsible for creative conception and development of Texas Stars marketing & sales materials, advertising, in-game content, and web content
o Produces annual theme of Texas Stars graphics
o Produces artwork for publications such as pocket schedules, ticket sales brochures, sales decks, posters, season ticket artwork, and program covers.
o Generates website splash pages and Facebook Timeline profile pictures
o Generates video board graphics
o Produces TV ad graphics and compiles ads for delivery.
o Edits radio spots
o Produces video web content
• Assists with social media content management, administration, and marketing initiatives
• Assists with official website management through existing content manager
• Extensive involvement in e-marketing initiatives, website data collection and online promotions
• Assists with game operations and media planning/buying
• Assists with management of in-game promotions team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Can be trusted to act in a manner that is truthful and values direct, honest communication at all levels of the organization
• Strong interpersonal skills; can effectively communicate and relate to all levels within and outside the organization; creates and builds positive and productive relationships
• Responds quickly and effectively to changing trends and circumstances; embraces change and welcomes fresh perspectives; learns from past mistakes and adjusts accordingly
• Ability to manage appropriate steps to get projects completed; has strong abilities to organize people and processes; can create a plan for resourceful workflow
• Can manage people and resources to get projects completed; has a strong ability to multi-task and keep order
• Bachelor's degree
• Understanding of advertising, media planning/buying, market research and Scarborough software, revenue-generating programs, database development, database management, e-marketing strategies and television ratings
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Required computer skills: Adobe Creative Suite, Mac OS X, Microsoft Office
• Preferred computer skills: iMovie and GarageBand
• Ability to stand, walk, sit, use of hands to handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms,
• Ability to lift and/ or move up to 25 pounds;
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate; however, during events the noise level may be loud.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "Edit Your Information" above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ