» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Stockton Heat are currently seeking Group Sales interns for the 2016-2017 season. The most important department in any professional sports organization is the ticket sales department. Most jobs in the industry, especially most entry-level jobs, are in the ticket sales area. Therefore, it is imperative that those who wish to work in professional sports have a background, knowledge, and love for selling tickets and the ticket selling process. This internship will give the intern a vast knowledge of how professional sports organizations, especially minor league organizations, increase their ticket sales with group tickets. With this internship, you focus on the most important aspect of any professional sports organization, ticket sales.
College credit accepted..
THIS IS AN UNPAID INTERNSHIP
• Assist in the daily operations of the Heat Group Sales department
• Learn ticket sales process
• Learn Ticketmaster System to process group orders
• Creation and distribution of group sales marketing materials
• Assist with marketing and promotional campaigns for the ticket sales department
• Assist ticket department with season ticket holder or group sales mailings
• Creating and maintaining ticket department databases and spreadsheets
• Maintain an organized profile of clients and prospects
• Develop and implement programs for lead generation
• Research and generate sales leads
• Provide customer service to season ticket holders and implement customer relations programs both on and off site
• Assist in servicing season ticket holders and other clients
• Assist the sales staff in regard to their clerical duties
• Perform all other duties as assigned
• Assist in pre-game and in-game preparation for various activities, including any pre-game or intermission youth hockey games
• Visit with group leaders during games
- Work at least 20 hours a week in the Heat office
- Work ALL home games.
- Must maintain professional attitude and appearance, and willing to work hard
- Must be college student, working towards a career in sports management
- Preference given to those who wish to work in ticket sales
NO PHONE CALLS OR EMAILS PLEASE
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. When would be able to begin the internship? 2. What is your preferred end date of the internship? 3. How many hours a week in the office are you able to work? 4. Do you have a valid government issued ID and transportation to and from work? 5. Are you doing this internship for college credit? 6. Do you understand that this in an unpaid internship?
1. When would be able to begin the internship?
2. What is your preferred end date of the internship?
3. How many hours a week in the office are you able to work?
4. Do you have a valid government issued ID and transportation to and from work?
5. Are you doing this internship for college credit?
6. Do you understand that this in an unpaid internship?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ