» Director, Game Operatons - Stockton Heat (Stockton, CA)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Stockton Heat are searching for a Broadcast/Media Relations intern for the 2017-18 season. This is a full-season opportunity for you to expand your knowledge in a professional sports setting while networking with others in a similar field. This person will need to be comfortable around the microphone and in front of and behind a camera, and must hold a professional relationship with media staff, players, hockey operations staff, visiting media and NHL scouts and executives. This intern would also be responsible for producing various written and video content for StocktonHeat.com. A strong interest and knowledge in hockey is strongly encouraged. This is an UNPAID internship. The intern will directly report to the Director of Communications.
- Contribute content during home broadcasts and create prerecorded content for road broadcasts
- Assist with the printing and distribution of game notes and intermission stats
- Opportunity to do play-by-play for occasional recreational hockey games prior to a Heat game
- Develop relationships with media members, visiting broadcasters and scouts
- Creation and distribution of game-day credentials
- Participate with player/staff appearances
- Produce videos and radio interviews for use on StocktonHeat.com and the broadcasts
- Assist the Communications department in other tasks as assigned
- Must have an interest in content creation (video, audio and written) and/or broadcasting
- An interest and knowledge of hockey is strongly encouraged
- Must have a great work ethic and a great attitude
- Must be able to work in a team environment
- Ability to complete tasks with minimal supervision
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Must have the ability to walk/run up and down stairs
- Knowledge of video editing, audio editing and the Adobe Creative Suite is strongly encouraged
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you interested in a career in media relations and/or broadcasting? Specify which one. 2. How would you rate your knowledge of the sport and the NHL and AHL? 3. Do you know how to edit video and/or audio? What programs do you use? 4. What do you know about the Stockton Heat hockey club? 5. Are you 100% aware that this position is unpaid and for experience/credit only?
1. Are you interested in a career in media relations and/or broadcasting? Specify which one.
2. How would you rate your knowledge of the sport and the NHL and AHL?
3. Do you know how to edit video and/or audio? What programs do you use?
4. What do you know about the Stockton Heat hockey club?
5. Are you 100% aware that this position is unpaid and for experience/credit only?
JOB DESCRIPTION: Director, Game Operations
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SUPERVISION: Game Day Staff and Department Interns
* Create, implement and manage the planning, budgeting and execution of all game day operations activities including scripts, graphics, videos, contests, temporary signage, concourse activities and pre/post game entertainment
* Draft public address announcer scripts
* Direct all game stoppages, intermissions and pre/post game programming
* Recruit and train all game day staff including ops/promotional staff, public address announcer, DJ, in-game hosts, mascot(s) and game operations interns
* Prepare pre-event plan for Arena operations staff
* Serve as primary point of contact with Arena staff for game operations related matters
* Prepare game giveaways distribution plans with Heat and Arena game staff
* Manage all game ops related products and materials (ordering and inventory)
* Film and edit video and prepare videoboard graphics, as needed, in collaboration with others on staff
* College Degree
* Two years experience in game operations at the NCAA, Major Junior, ECHL or AHL levels or similar event production experience
* Proficient in technology required for this position
* Health Insurance- The organization pays 100% of the employee's medical premium
* Dental - The organization pays 50% of the employee's dental premium
* Vision - The employee is 100% responsible for the premium
* 401(K) - The employer will match up to 5% of Gross Income
* Vacation Pay
* Sick Pay
* Holiday Pay
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ