» Inside Sales Representative - Stockton Heat Hockey (Stockton, CA)
» New Business Executive - Stockton Heat Hockey (Stockton, CA)
» Ticket Operations Internship - Stockton Heat Hockey (Stockton, CA)
» Ticket Sales Intern - Stockton Heat Hockey (Stockton, CA)
» Future Notification Only - AHL Teams (Various Locations, NA)
Employment Duration: Part Time (September 29th, 2017 – April 30th, 2018 with the potential of playoffs)
Closing Date: September 8th, 2016
Tryout Date: September 8th, 2016 7pm
The Stockton Heat are looking for high-energy, self-motivated individuals with a fan-friendly attitude and willingness to help, to join our team of Hot Shots for the 2017-2018 season. This position requires heavy interaction with the Heat fan base, to achieve our game day objective of creating a total fan experience that exceeds expectations. As a valuable member of the Hot Shots, you report directly to the Director of Game Operations and will be responsible for the delivery of excellent customer service, engaging with fans regularly, and executing all in-game promotional activity at Stockton Heat home games.
§ Tryouts will be held at Stockton Arena, 248 W. Fremont St. Stockton, CA 95203, on September 8th, 2016 at 7 pm.
§ Arrive at tryouts by 6:30 pm to check in. Tryouts will last 1-2 hours depending on how many applicants there are. After the tryout, those selected will sign up for an individual interview time the following week.
§ Please arrive in comfortable exercise clothes with a valid ID.
- Enthusiastically assist with tailgate and concourse activities including entertainment, promotional giveaways, monitoring tables, and fan engagement creating in arena atmosphere.
- Assist in creating memorable fan experiences by acting in live skits on the video board including the Dance Cam, dressing up as characters, dancing in-stands, etc.
- Must possess the following improvisational skills:
- Ability to read and react to a situation, interact and engage with fans of all ages, interact and entertain off the cuff, and entertain in different environments
- Approach fans pre-game and in-game to select and explain details of promotions, ensuring contestants clearly understand and are prepared to participate, waivers are signed and contestants meet all criteria before the activity takes place.
- Attend pre and post-game meetings on game days, taking detailed notes, assisting with setup and tear down of promotional activities in-arena as well as outside at tailgate parties.
- Communicate positively and professionally with staff and fans, delivering excellent customer service by acting as the first point of contact during games and events.
- Maintain constant communication with the Director of Game Operations and other staff via headset/walkie.
- Act as brand ambassadors at various events and appearances throughout the community
- Assist with other duties as assigned
- Skating abilities preferred but not required
- Available to work a minimum of 25 Heat home games
- Must be flexible to work weekday shifts as early as 5:00 PM, weekends and holidays (if necessary) during the day and evening and stay until the end of the game
- Candidates should be outgoing, reliable, organized, be able to think quickly and possess good communication and customer service skills.
- Enthusiastic team player who is comfortable in front of large crowds and engaging fans of all ages
- Ability to deal with frequent change and work well with others in a fast-paced environment
- Working with enthusiasm and professionalism at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds and walk/stand for up to 60 minutes
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you 18 years of age or older? 2. Do you have reliable transportation to and from Stockton Arena? 3. Are you available to come to tryouts Friday, September 8th at 7pm, Stockton Arena?
1. Are you 18 years of age or older?
2. Do you have reliable transportation to and from Stockton Arena?
3. Are you available to come to tryouts Friday, September 8th at 7pm, Stockton Arena?
Under the direction of the Director of Ticket Sales, the Stockton Heat are seeking motivated individuals looking to begin their careers in sports. These individuals will be a part of our Inside Ticket Sales program. The purpose of this program is to develop future sales professionals and leaders of our organization. We are committed to providing members of our Inside Sales program with the skill set to sell season tickets, mini plans, group tickets, and other ticket products via phone calls.
Each Inside Sales Representative will be responsible for an individual goal, as well as a team goal.
We’re looking for individuals who want to learn how to sell tickets and do what it takes to earn a full-time position in our tickets sales department.
The Stockton Heat will:
1. Provide you top notch training in the ticket sales process
2. Give you ample qualified ticket sales leads to be successful
3. Offer the chance to gain full time employment within the sports industry for those who do well, whether that is with our organization or another organization
Hours and Compensation:
Up to forty (40) hours per week, some weekend hours required
Non benefit position: Hourly Rate + Commission
Program runs from September through April
No relocation expenses available
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Make a minimum of 50 calls per shift from provided lists to individual in our ticket sales database to sell season tickets, partial plan and group ticket packages.
• Build relationships to provide repeat business and excellent customer service.
• Proactively create opportunities for new business with single game buyers.
• Call past customers and cold call new sales leads to generate sales.
• Meet or exceed assigned sales goals for all ticket products.
• Maintain accurate notes through CRM software for leads and sales.
• Contribute positively to the sales team atmosphere by developing mutually beneficial working relationships with all sales team members.
• Other duties assigned by Director, Ticket Sales
Required Knowledge/Skills/Job Qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
• Detail and team oriented
• Aggressive, competitive and committed
• Effective time management skills and organized
New Business Executive
Reports to: Director, Ticket Sales
- Responsible for maximizing new ticket sales revenue encompassing Season Tickets, Partial-Plans, Group Tickets, Premium Seating, and other Heat ticket package sales
- Responsible for maximizing Marketing Partnerships revenue through the sale of fully integrated partnerships
- Generate a pre-determined level of new business that is obtained by making cold calls from provided lists to local businesses, consumers and community groups to sell season, group, and partial plan ticket packages
- Maximize new business by upselling current accounts and generating referrals for groups, hospitality area sales, luxury suites, and sponsorship
- Continually create and implement unique sales strategies, ideas and programs as a means of producing new business opportunities.
- Make a minimum of 65 outbound calls per day
- Handle inbound calls from sales prospects for all ticket products.
- Conduct in-arena appointments and tours of the Arena to assist in closing new business and developing new relationships
- Maintain accurate records of interaction with all ticket and corporate product customers.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly build rapport with customers and assess customer needs
- Advanced sales training
- Minimum of one year professional sports industry experience
- Considerable knowledge of ticket sales processes and procedures
Ticket Operations Internship
The Stockton Heat are seeking a team player looking to learn and grow within the Sports Industry. In this role, you will assist in the daily operations of ticket sales and customer relationship management. The Ticket Operations department is responsible for working directly with both the front office and customers to troubleshoot any issues pertaining to the processing and delivery of tickets. The position requires strong communication skills, working as a team, excellent time management, and a willingness to overcome obstacles.
· Help process season, mini plan, and group ticket requests for the Heat
· Aid in any ticket operations projects such as exchanges, mailing, invoices, etc.
· Box office duties on game day including, but not limited to, delivering will call tickets to the box office
· Assist with monitoring unpaid accounts and groups
· Aid in the maintenance of the CRM system
· Work daily in the Archtics ticketing system
· Support in the development of online sales
· Assist with various ticket sales reports through the Archtics system
· Implement new ideas to improve the day to day work flow of the Ticket Operations department
· Generate analytics dealing with attendance, sales and promotions
· Follow departmental goals, objectives, and priorities
· Maintain the relationship and communication between departments
· Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
· College student or recent graduate, preferably majoring in sports business or business
· Interest in sports and the sports industry
· Possess excellent customer service skills
· Knowledge of general sales
· Work quickly and accurately under pressure
· Assess and handle problems in an efficient and courteous manner
· Possess strong verbal and organizational skills
· Be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
· Strong attention to detail
Ticket Sales Internship
The Stockton Heat are currently seeking Ticket Sales interns for the 2017-2018 season. The most important department in any professional sports organization is the ticket sales department. Most jobs in the industry, especially most entry-level jobs, are in the ticket sales area. Therefore, it is imperative that those who wish to work in professional sports have a background, knowledge, and love for selling tickets and the ticket selling process. This internship will give the intern a vast knowledge of how tickets sales works in a professional sports organizations, especially minor league organizations.
• Assist in the daily operations of the Heat Retention, New Business, and Group Sales departments
• Learn ticket sales process
• Learn Archtics Ticketmaster System to process ticket orders
• Creation and distribution ticket sales marketing materials
• Assist with marketing and promotional campaigns for the ticket sales department
• Assist ticket department with season ticket member or group sales mailings
• Creating and maintaining ticket department databases and spreadsheets
• Maintain an organized profile of clients and prospects
• Develop and implement programs for lead generation
• Research and generate sales leads
• Provide customer service to season ticket members, mini-plan holders, and single ticket buyers
• Research within group demographics to help staff prospect for new groups
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with AHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to "My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ